Opinion on Hayward products?

Jun 17, 2009
My pool builder uses Hayward products, therefore this looks to be the equipment I will be buying. I am buying a salt water system seperately to save a little money and they have suggested the Goldline AquaLogic P4.... I can purchase a different system if I wish, but am not sure.....

On another forum, someone has written in and says that she has had issues from day one with all of her Hayward equipment.... Should I be worried?

Hayward is a good name brand, the only products they sell which I'm not a huge fan of are their heaters (loose wires issues, low profile design) etc.; I prefer Rheem / Raypak for heaters. Other than heaters I usually use Hayward.

The Hayward salt systems (actually Goldline, which is owned by Hayward) are top notch. IMHO, they are one of the top two US salt chlorinators. Their filters and almost all of their pumps are excellent (then again, just about every company has one model of pump that is a 'dog'.) Their 'white goods' (skimmers, returns, drains, etc.) are probably the best in the industry. I agree that there are better heaters around. Some of their pool cleaners are 'classic' and have proved themself over time (such as the suction side Navigator.)
You have nothing to worry about with Hayward equipment.

Thank you so much for your responses.... I feel a little better. I will not be purchasing a heater, so no worries there.....

I believe I will go ahead and purchase the AqualLogic P4 for my salt water system. This is not a large pool, and there are not a whole lot of extras on it, so, from what I have researched it should be fine.

Thanks for all of your help, and I will stay in touch as this progresses.

Edie

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.