Tagging/Labeling Valves

DHinNC

Apr 26, 2007
Any recommendations on some method of marking or tagging the various ball valves at the pump/filter pad? The pool builder just used a Sharpie to mark on the pipe at each valve. That marking is long gone after 3 years of weather exposure. I was thinking some type of engraved labels or tags. Any other suggestions?

thanks,
Don

I think "pool pals'' makes a sticker sheet of common pool labels. I would just redo the sharpie labels IMO. I suppose you could get an engraver, you would still have to color it in. Tags fall off, and you have to grab them and read em, where as you just look at a label.

Some nail polishes will work (some fade but still leave a mark which is readable), although are kinda messy. If you are going to use a label maker you might want to use an "old school" one like this onehttp://cgi.ebay.com.sg/PUNCH-LABEL-...66:2|39:1|72:1240|240:1318|301:0|293:4|294:50 I've seen the thermal labels get weather beaten quickly but the old school label makers punch the letter into plastic to make the color and leave raised letters both which can't be faded.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.