Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Tagging/Labeling Valves

1. Back To Top    #1

Tagging/Labeling Valves

Any recommendations on some method of marking or tagging the various ball valves at the pump/filter pad? The pool builder just used a Sharpie to mark on the pipe at each valve. That marking is long gone after 3 years of weather exposure. I was thinking some type of engraved labels or tags. Any other suggestions?

thanks,
    Don
    Fiberglass Trilogy Pool,
    15x34 8900 gal.
    Pentair 1hp Super-Flo Pump
    Pentair CC100 Cartridge Filter, Pentair "Legend" Cleaner

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry

Re: Tagging/Labeling Valves

I think "pool pals'' makes a sticker sheet of common pool labels. I would just redo the sharpie labels IMO. I suppose you could get an engraver, you would still have to color it in. Tags fall off, and you have to grab them and read em, where as you just look at a label.
    Factory Warranty Station for:
    Jandy, Pentair, Sta-Rite, Raypak, Polaris,
    and Paramount pool cleaning systems.

3. Back To Top    #3

I used a label maker with label tape made for exterior use. They have been on for 4 years and look like the day I put them on.
    IG 18x36 oval vinyl, Spill over spa, Northstar 2hp-2spd, 2.5" piping, S310T 500lb Sand filter, 400k gas heater, AutoPilot SWCG
    http://www.tftestkits.net/

4. Back To Top    #4

The Borther P-touch label makers are excellent. Make sure you get one of the models (most of them do) that takes the indoor/outdoor waterproof tape.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

5. Back To Top    #5

In the Industry

Some nail polishes will work (some fade but still leave a mark which is readable), although are kinda messy. If you are going to use a label maker you might want to use an "old school" one like this onehttp://cgi.ebay.com.sg/PUNCH-LABEL-M...3%3A4|294%3A50 I've seen the thermal labels get weather beaten quickly but the old school label makers punch the letter into plastic to make the color and leave raised letters both which can't be faded.
    -Kevin
    X-Pert Pool Service
    x-pertpool.com
    X-Pert Pool on Facebook and @XPertPoolServic on Twitter
    22,000 gal / 16' x 32' / Vinyl / Hayward s244t /Pentair SuperFlo 1 hp

6. Back To Top    #6

Thanks for all the suggestions. I will look for a label maker. Looks more promising than an engraver.
    Fiberglass Trilogy Pool,
    15x34 8900 gal.
    Pentair 1hp Super-Flo Pump
    Pentair CC100 Cartridge Filter, Pentair "Legend" Cleaner