pooping doggie terrorist

gtm

LifeTime Supporter
Aug 11, 2008
St. Petersburg, Florida
My brilliant and well-loved dog, Spot, did something bizarre last night. Hunched over the side and dropped a (small) loaf in the pool. I scooped it out right away, brought the FC to shock level and ran the pump all night and today.

Is it safe to swim once the FC drops to what I consider tolerable? Or do I need to shock longer? If the latter, are there any rules for this sort of thing?

This is a first for me. I don't really think she's a terrorist. I'm starting to think that at pushing 13 she's starting to go a bit looney, which is fine with me BTW. She's a great dog ... most of the time.

Thanks, Gary

gtm said:
My brilliant and well-loved dog, Spot, did something bizarre last night. Hunched over the side and dropped a (small) loaf in the pool. I scooped it out right away, brought the FC to shock level and ran the pump all night and today.

{wiping off the monitor} I think someone is jealous of the attention the pool is getting!

That is not easy, you know, hunching and aiming and getting it in without falling in also.... that is one really peeved dog.

So, has Spot been the Alpha Dog in the home? or does he just think that The Pool has replaced him in your affection?

Maybe you need to go yell at the pool once in awhile, get mad at it, and tell it is a Bad Pool. Then go play with you Good Dog and show him you love him since *he* behaves.

Sorry for the belated "thanks" for your replies. Pool is back in service and all is well. But one of your messages requires a bit more of a response, I think.

Dear anonaperson (do you mind if I call you "anona"),

I had my wife read your reply and she got a huge laugh out of it, albeit at my expense. She agrees that the pool and the dog are the most spoiled women in my life, and therefore loved your analysis.

I thought of the "Bad Pool" strategy and rejected it. All I need is for the pool AND the dog to be ticked at me. I've been having bad dreams about algae blooms, leaks and whatever else might happen once I make the pool mad, too. Sorry, but that's just a bad idea. No offense intended.

I decided on a different approach. Spot is not usually allowed in the living room, which looks out over the pool, but I put a blanket down and am letting her sit next to me while I watch the Rays lose yet another one. With the pool watching, of course.

So far the pool hasn't seemed to mind too much, and Spot enjoys looking out the sliders while sticking her tongue out at the pool. Or maybe she's just breathing like a dog. I don't know and she ain't sayin'.

I know ... too much information. I get that a lot.

Cheers, Gary

gtm said:
I thought of the "Bad Pool" strategy and rejected it. All I need is for the pool AND the dog to be ticked at me. I've been having bad dreams about algae blooms, leaks and whatever else might happen once I make the pool mad, too.

LOL -- you're gonna have to let all the women in your life know just who is in charge.... Your Wife! right?

Actually, pretty soon you will have to pool so undercontrol that you'll be trying to teach the dog tricks to keep you amused.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.