display board, pool pilot

Aug 3, 2009
When it rains it pours. You might remember me from the temp sensor question. I have one on order. Now for the fun stuff.
Has any one had the display on the pool pilot digital read different letters and numbers? It happened once before and straightened itself out, but not this time. Does this effect the performance of the pool pilot regarding salt cell output?

Thank you,

Brian C.

There are several possible causes for display board glitches. Every once in a while the unit can power up wrong. If this is the problem, power cycling will fix it. The cable between the display board and the main board might have come lose. The display board might be defective, perhaps from a lightning strike. The main board might be defective and feeding invalid information to the display board. In all but the last case, the unit will function normally aside from the incorrect display.

If you have had the cover off recently, I would suspect a lose cable as the most likely issue.

You talk of power cycling. Is there a way to reset the pool pilot. I can turn the pump off and the pool pilot turns off with it. I turn the pump on and the pool pilot turns on. Is this what you mean? Is there a way to reset the pool pilot itself. Some way of clearing all parameters?

Here's what I mentioned. There is not really a Rebuilt Circuit Board option.
Here's what AquaCal AutoPilot Can offer you for non-warranty circuit boards.

You must contact our customer service for a Return Goods Authorization Number (800-786-7751).
Send your control system/circuit board to our factory in St Petersburg, FL (we are not responsible for chemicals needed in the interim)
We will inspect and call you with a repair cost, IF IT IS REPAIRABLE.
Bench Charge to inspect - $35 (billable up front charge - regardless of if the board is repairable)
Labor (not included in bench charge) - $95/hr (estimate 1-2 hrs for most diagnostics and repairs)
Cost of replacement part
Shipping to and from the factory.

Pool pilot display

I wrote before about my read out giving jumbled letters. Well, today I went to check on it and I could read the screen. Magic. Now just waiting for the new temp-sensor.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.