Connections

Jan 6, 2012
I have a manual vacuum brush and a 25' hose. The hose has two female ends. One female is slightly larger and, I guess, designed to go over the male connector on the cleaner. The other end appears to be a normal pool hose female. So how do I connect the hose to my female vacuum port? I have seen male to male adapters but the adapter won't quite fit correctly into the vacuum port. So, do I need to use the adapter plus another female to male hose section?

Cleaner M ) Hose F ) Adapter M-M ) Hose M ) Vacuum Port F

RANT: Why are female cuffs slightly different sizes when connected to a cleaner? Surely that tiny difference can't make that much of a difference. Why with all the hoses and adapters that are available, do they never mention what sex they are? Why are there no male to male hoses (not adapters) when there are female to female hoses? Way too frustrating.

So how do I connect the hose to my female vacuum port?
Maybe something like this huh? 419-4110 - WATERWAY - INSIDE PIPE EXTENDER FOR 1-1/2" PIPE

You'd have to be careful to ensure the adapter and hose will play nice together - plus fit into the skimmer suction hole. Not sure why different suppliers have to make fittings slightly different. Proprietary thing I guess to keep your business and $$$$. If this doesn't help, I hope some other ideas come your way. Have a nice weekend.

I don't want to use the skimmer port. It is less convenient and my 25 ft hose would not be long enough. The adapter you linked to is the same as I mentioned. The only way that I could make that fit into the vacuum port is to attach a female to male section on to it. I have a rubber adapter for an automatic cleaner that is needed for it to fit into the skimmer but I can't use that in the vac port because it is yet another size. I even though about cutting off the end of my hose and using a replacement male cuff. I looked everywhere but I can only find female replacement cuffs.
In a perfect world I would want to attach my single hose to cleaner head and plug that same hose into the vacuum port.

I looked over that thread but ..... There was a list of fittings that were the same male to male that I had looked at. There was also a screw in fitting. This looks like it is intended to screw into the vacuum port. Two things with that part are that it looks like it sticks out from the wall meaning that I would have to unscrew it after every use and if I were to leave installed it would be open. I located a spigot cap that I might be able to insert into it to close it but it would be still sticking out. Also, none of these state what sex they are. So I cannot be sure if I can attach a female hose to the screw in thingy and I cannot be sure if the spigot cap will fit inside the open end.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.