Autopilot pool pilot digital with sc-36 - Fans

Jul 26, 2009
I hope someone from autopilot can answer my question, I know Sean is a contributor to this forum. I have a pool pilot digital that I just repaired the power supply. I noticed that the fans are not spinning. Is this a feature that just turns on depending on the temperature inside the unit? I guess to save fan life this is the way they would design the unit, or else my unit is defective. Thanks in advance for sharing any input.

Andres

Mine had the same issue where I found the display off. I took cover off and noticed the fan wasn't spinning. Called support who told me it was $75 for the fan and that it can fry unit if not running. Went to Radio shack and bought it for $13. It is supposed to spin all the time when it works right.

Hello Andres,

Sorry I missed your question from last month! Anyway, the fan operates according to the software version. I believe about 3-4 years ago, the DIG was changed to CONSTANT ON fans to ON WHEN CELLS ARE ENERGIZED. I think this change also coincided with the change from one fan to two fans.

I have encountered the same problem. Fans are dead. The lady at autopilot was not much help except for giving me the price. I will call again to get a different person. Question: Radio Shack - what voltage am I looking for? If you still have their store part number, that would be great. Thanks.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.