Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Autopilot pool pilot digital with sc-36 - Fans

1. Back To Top    #1

Autopilot pool pilot digital with sc-36 - Fans

I hope someone from autopilot can answer my question, I know Sean is a contributor to this forum. I have a pool pilot digital that I just repaired the power supply. I noticed that the fans are not spinning. Is this a feature that just turns on depending on the temperature inside the unit? I guess to save fan life this is the way they would design the unit, or else my unit is defective. Thanks in advance for sharing any input.

Andres

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Autopilot pool pilot digital with sc-36 - Fans

Mine had the same issue where I found the display off. I took cover off and noticed the fan wasn't spinning. Called support who told me it was $75 for the fan and that it can fry unit if not running. Went to Radio shack and bought it for $13. It is supposed to spin all the time when it works right.
    Aqua-rite Aqr-x296 T3 15k
    Autopilot Dig-220/Sc-36(replaced)
    Inground pool 8.5k gallons
    Diamond Brite,built 2003
    DE filter

3. Back To Top    #3

Hello Andres,

Sorry I missed your question from last month! Anyway, the fan operates according to the software version. I believe about 3-4 years ago, the DIG was changed to CONSTANT ON fans to ON WHEN CELLS ARE ENERGIZED. I think this change also coincided with the change from one fan to two fans.
    Sean Assam - Sean@teamhorner.com
    National Accounts and Commercial Products Manager
    AquaCal Heat Pumps www.aquacal.com
    AutoPilot Salt Chlorine Generators www.autopilot.com

4. Back To Top    #4

I have encountered the same problem. Fans are dead. The lady at autopilot was not much help except for giving me the price. I will call again to get a different person. Question: Radio Shack - what voltage am I looking for? If you still have their store part number, that would be great. Thanks.

5. Back To Top    #5

Hey Jeff,

I replied to your email to me also. It should be a 12 volt, with the amperage being the important parameter, 100 - 150 milliampere rating. Radio Shack may have this. if the amperage is too high, it may cause the 3 amp fuse to blow.
    Sean Assam - Sean@teamhorner.com
    National Accounts and Commercial Products Manager
    AquaCal Heat Pumps www.aquacal.com
    AutoPilot Salt Chlorine Generators www.autopilot.com