Construction finally started in Jacksonville FL!

It took him THAT long????? gurrrrrrrr but at least he is out of your life and they can move on to the next things!

You are really going to have to watch them with the electric and plumbing to make sure there are not cut or damaged parts.

Kim:kim:

oh really Kim? I don't know what to look for lol and my husband and I are always at work. I will say I did some deep investigating about these guys doing the plumbing and electric and they have fantastic reviews so here is hoping. They surely cannot be worse than the last crew.

...And because the sub contractors couldn't go without leaving me some sort of headache, they did not plumb my sunshelf for LED bubblers...only regular bubblers. My PB is trying to get me to just go with regular bubblers now (obviously to save himself the headache). He is telling us that it is a huge project to fix since this usually is done before the gunite is shot. We are standing our ground about it tho... hopefully he won't punish us by having us wait weeks to get it fixed. The rest of the plumbing got done today. Tile is done as well as electrical. I could ALMOST see the finish line!!!

Brent and Paige, You two get ready for the weather heading our way. Check the out look for this weekend. Paige you will need to do a quick clean up to make sure there is nothing that can fly and damage the house and windows from the pool build.

Brent they can/should jack hammer out a "trench" to get to the bubbler area to put in the run for the light cords. They will then fill the area back in with concrete. It will be a hard, nasty (sweaty and dirty) job that is ALL their fault!

Paige, be ready for him to offer you some money off to get you to back down on the lights. It is up to YOU what YOU want THEM to do. No matter how much he whines about it :pth:

Ya the PB wanted me to return the LED bubblers. (Which I cannot do because I bought them more than 30 days ago and that is the return policy). He then complained to my husband about how busy he is and how this will set his crew back a day or so... like really? I don’t care! I have a feeling this is going to get pushed back as it’s not on the top of his radar at this point but I am not going to cave just to get my pool quicker. A year from now I will be happy I waited for the lighted bubblers esp since we went with only one pool light.

Brentr- so in confidence the sales guy (the one the PB made call me to break the news) told me he was pretty sure they could still be installed with minimal effort as the plumbing is there already for the bubblers they just have to cut the concrete around them to add a ground or some sort of piece that makes them LED ready not just regular bubbler ready. He was pretty upset about the whole thing so he wanted to make sure I knew I could still have it done as he knew his boss (the PB) would make a huge issue over it.

Kim- we are keepin eyes on the weather for sure. Last I checked it looked like Alberto was heading more towards the gulf. But living in Florida you can never tell!

Ya the PB wanted me to return the LED bubblers. (Which I cannot do because I bought them more than 30 days ago and that is the return policy). He then complained to my husband about how busy he is and how this will set his crew back a day or so... like really? I don’t care! I have a feeling this is going to get pushed back as it’s not on the top of his radar at this point but I am not going to cave just to get my pool quicker. A year from now I will be happy I waited for the lighted bubblers esp since we went with only one pool light.

Brentr- so in confidence the sales guy (the one the PB made call me to break the news) told me he was pretty sure they could still be installed with minimal effort as the plumbing is there already for the bubblers they just have to cut the concrete around them to add a ground or some sort of piece that makes them LED ready not just regular bubbler ready. He was pretty upset about the whole thing so he wanted to make sure I knew I could still have it done as he knew his boss (the PB) would make a huge issue over it.

Kim- we are keepin eyes on the weather for sure. Last I checked it looked like Alberto was heading more towards the gulf. But living in Florida you can never tell!

What? Don’t these storm systems have a calendar? Season doesn’t start until 6/1.

Stick to your guns!

Paige I am so glad to see that the sales person is on your side and very optimistic. Keep at it because the bottom line is this is your pool and you are the one who is going to have to live with it. Take pics of the mods if you are home.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Grrr! Good to know it can actually be fixed reasonably easily. It’s just your pb having a whinge. You’ll never see him again once your build is finished but you have to look at your pool every single day. My pb doesn’t complain and is really accomodating overall but som me of the trades we have had in have been complainers. I remember the plumber saying what a tough job it will be and he’ will be here for 5 days blah blah blah. Turned out it took him well under a day. Just smile and say the led bubblers need to go in. You are right in saying any delay it causes will be long forgotten in a year. Stick to your guns and you will be happy at the end.

Paige I am so glad to see that the sales person is on your side and very optimistic. Keep at it because the bottom line is this is your pool and you are the one who is going to have to live with it. Take pics of the mods if you are home.

Yes! The sales guy has always been really great. He gets a lot of heat from the PB poor guy. I emailed the PB today just to try and get a response on the evolution of our project. I hate just sitting everyday and waiting for people to work. Just tell me if someone is or isn't coming ya know?

- - - Updated - - -

Grrr! Good to know it can actually be fixed reasonably easily. It’s just your pb having a whinge. You’ll never see him again once your build is finished but you have to look at your pool every single day. My pb doesn’t complain and is really accomodating overall but som me of the trades we have had in have been complainers. I remember the plumber saying what a tough job it will be and he’ will be here for 5 days blah blah blah. Turned out it took him well under a day. Just smile and say the led bubblers need to go in. You are right in saying any delay it causes will be long forgotten in a year. Stick to your guns and you will be happy at the end.

Exactly! Of course he wants the easy road. But this was literally the only up grade to the pool we did. We don't have any waterfalls or upgraded tile or plaster... just our LED bubblers lol

Yes! The sales guy has always been really great. He gets a lot of heat from the PB poor guy. I emailed the PB today just to try and get a response on the evolution of our project. I hate just sitting everyday and waiting for people to work. Just tell me if someone is or isn't coming ya know?

- - - Updated - - -

Exactly! Of course he wants the easy road. But this was literally the only up grade to the pool we did. We don't have any waterfalls or upgraded tile or plaster... just our LED bubblers lol

In that case your one and only upgrade should go in! He had one thing to remember [emoji849] We didn’t upgrade anything either really. An extra light and variable speed pump.

Interested to to see that led bubbler in use! I bet it looks awesome!

Our PB has been the same way. What I really hate is when I ask a question they don't like, They just ignore it.

Love the color! Wait until you see it with water and the sun is shining! It will BLING out! It looks like they did a good job on the curves...does it look as good in person?

What is the dip on far side of the shelf for?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.