Construction finally started in Jacksonville FL!

Paigez0215

Bronze Supporter
Feb 9, 2018
Jacksonville, FL
After what seems like forever they have started construction on our pool today. Nothing too climatic they just did the " pre grade" and said they would be back in 2-3 days lol. Not sure what is next.... I guess digging? Or wood layout I suppose. IMG_8212.JPG

We are putting in a 16x32 gunite pool with screen enclosure. 10 x 6 sunshelf with (2) LED bubblers. Can post pictures of the informal drawing and or inspiration pool if anyone is interested. We are going with standard florida stucco (aqua gem color) plaster, light scapes aquamarine tile, and ocean sand kool decking for the pool deck.

Congrats on the ground breaking! I'm sure you're excited. Having said that, have your "patient pills" ready as it seems like with some contractors, for every day there are there, they are missing for 3-5. I haven't figured that one out yet. :) Hope everything goes well. Keep good notes and take lots of pics.

After a lengthy discussion with the PB we have been told the shell will be in the ground by April 13th, with a pool finish date of May 11th barring any major weather. I am just sitting back and waiting at this point! I have been told they would start digging next week for the past month so it's hard to believe lol.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Don’t worry it will soon be over and you will be floating soon in your new pool with an adult beverage[emoji482]

Paigez: Any updates?

I keep looking outside and all I see is grass. But they haven't even cashed my check yet :) :)... just trying to be patient..

Waiting is the worst. Nope.. nothing since our come to Jesus meeting with the PB last week. His sub contract (Seminole Enterprises) for the dig/rebar/gunite has until April 13th to have the shell in the ground or we are cancelling the project. 3 months of failed promises is enough for me. We will hold off until fall and go with another PB. So we shall see.

Don’t worry You will be quite surprised what can be done in a few days. We were swimming like in 21 days [emoji482] could have been earlier however we had to wait on the screen person. Keeping positive:cheers:

Don’t worry You will be quite surprised what can be done in a few days. We were swimming like in 21 days [emoji482] could have been earlier however we had to wait on the screen person. Keeping positive:cheers:

Absolutely! I am staying cautiously optimistic. We would just cancel out of principle at this point, I don't want to have to stay on a contractor like this for every stage of the project, alas he said as soon as his sub contractors dig/rebar/gunite were finished he would have his crew on it with priority for all of the other stages. So we could be finished with this by mid may.

Think your plan is a wise one. You need to have some sort of limit set. Hopefully your dig will go ahead in time and it will be smooth sailing from then. We are still delayed here. Waiting on tiler who can’t work when it’s wet. He has one more job to finish before he gets over to us. It has done nothing but rain for almost 2 months and we are now about four weeks delayed and 8 weeks since our shell went in. Summer has long gone here and I’m starting to get pretty fed up with the whole build. I guess there’s nothing that can be done really.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.