How Hot is Too Hot?

Jun 5, 2009
Peculiar, MO
Well let me start by saying that I really love this site. I just returned from a brief vacation. We left on Tuesday morning, so on Monday night I over chlorinated the pool since I didn't have anyone to test the chemicals while I was going to be gone. I did manage to get my neighbors son to at least make sure the pump was still runnning and on leaks. I put the solar cover on before we left and I returned tonight to find the BBB program paid off. Water was within my desired values, but the water temperature was 96*F. I cant complain about the temperature, but it made me ask the question "How Hot is Too Hot?". My pool is a 24' AGP. At what point should I get concerned? It is suppose to reach 94*F later this week.

I don't know how hot is too hot but if you can rig up a fountain and run it in the cool hours of the night you can cool the pool.

There are photos of home-made aerators here somewhere that would do the job. Check the Underground Weather site to see when the air temp is coolest in your area so you can pick the hours that are coolest.

Here in Houston, I can run my waterfall at 5 AM to about 7 AM and the air temp, and thus the temp of the rock, is about 76. Right now I am running it only 30 minutes at 7 AM, the pool temp is holding 86 and the afternoon temp here is typically near 100.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.