Advice on replacing a Jandy JHPU2.0 motor

Jun 13, 2009
Our Jandy JHPU2.0 motor went out today. It is a 4 year old pump. Jandy came out with an 'updated' pump in 2006, when my pool was one year old. I am having a difficult time finding the Jandy replacement motor. Does anyone have a suggestion for finding this motor? I live in the Houston area. I have a 20,000 gal, white plaster/Pebble Tec combo, SW pool with DE filtration. It's a pool/spa combo with no waterfall (except overflow from spa to pool.) I run a Polaris 360 - which has it's own pump.

You should try contacting Jandy's corp. office and ask them to refer you to a local warranty station. Even though your equipment is not under warranty any longer,the warranty station should have that particular motor in stock-and most warranty stations will go be happy to take care of the motor replacement for you.

Technically, you can use any motor which has the same braking HP (service factor * HP) and same frame type. The BHP of the new motor can be slightly higher than the old one as well but try to get as close as possible. Also, you can switch to a two speed if interested.

Thanks all for your input. We ordered a replacement motor out of FL. Our pool was without filtration for four and a half days, but I'm happy to report it never turned green (the stabilizer in the pool did a terrrific job maintaining the chlorine - along with sweeping.) We are up and running - with a $300 lesson under our belt - and the knowledge that the impeller comes off with a left-handed screw, instead of brut force ;p
I appreciate being able to ask questions in this forum - and receiving knowledgeable advice!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.