Ozone vs Combined Chlorine

Reactions of Ozone With Monochloramine: Haag and Hoigné (1984) also have shown that ozone slowly oxidizes monochloramine to produce nitrate and chloride ions according to the following equation:
NH2Cl + 3O3 --> 2H+ + NO3- + Cl - + 3O2
http://www.absoluteozone.com/assets/ozone_for_municipal_spa_and_pool_treatment.pdf
Ozone will slowly oxidize chloramines. However, your ozonator uses UV to generate the ozone, which makes very little actual ozone.

To produce enough ozone, you really need corona discharge.

In any case, ozone isn’t a good choice for outdoor residential pools. Ozone works best for high use indoor pools. Even then, the system is a lot more complicated than just injecting ozone into the line.

For an outdoor residential pool, UV or ozone is usually a waste of money and is usually counterproductive.

What CC levels are you getting?

No its been staying at .2 for a long time.
I just found that i may not have been getting the correct result in FC and CC.
Turned off the speedstir and light and there was still some pink in the sample after i thought it was clear, added one more drop of R-0871 and then did my CC test and CC is at 0.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.