SWG Recommendation

fatboy1271

LifeTime Supporter
Back in November I had posted about going on a 17 day vacation and on day one my pool equipment broke: Cracked Backwash Valve, Sand, and SWG No Flow. I have everything fixed except for the SWG. The contractor apparently hired an electrician that didn't read the instructions and he did not put the SWG on a Timer... Therefore, it was on 24 hours a day for 8 months regardless of water flowing through it or not. That is why the grid fins are bent in the picture below. The Pentair Support Tech was actually surprised the housing was still in tact.

Anyway, this incident isn't under warranty. Luckily I hadn't paid for this portion of the work done yet, so I'm going to by a new SWG on my own and hire an electrician to hook it up properly! For my size pool is the IC-40 a good fit? Is Pentair a recommended brand? Thanks for any input!

Pentair IC40.jpg

fb,

I have the IC40... you don't want to go any smaller... I like my IC40 because works well with my automation system... If I did not have an automation system, I would go with a CircuPool...

Here is a good comparison chart.. What you are looking for is cost vs. lbs. of chlorine per day.. Compare and Review Saltwater Chlorine Generator Prices and Features

Keep in my that you already have the Pentair power supply, so all you need is the cell itself.. this assumes you go with a Pentair IC40 or 60...

Thanks,

Jim R.

fb,

I have the IC40... you don't want to go any smaller... I like my IC40 because works well with my automation system... If I did not have an automation system, I would go with a CircuPool...

Here is a good comparison chart.. What you are looking for is cost vs. lbs. of chlorine per day.. Compare and Review Saltwater Chlorine Generator Prices and Features

Keep in my that you already have the Pentair power supply, so all you need is the cell itself.. this assumes you go with a Pentair IC40 or 60...

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thanks Jim! Great point on already having the power supply. I think I will stay with the Pentair and when the IC40 was running it was doing a great job. I just wanted to double check since the Contractor made the purchase of the IC40.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.