May 13, 2007
My TA is now measuring "low" I have been using the ColorQ for two years now and I have a SWG and a spillover spa. I add about 1/3 gallon of acid to my 14,500 Gallon pool every week. I also have about 50 ppm Borates in the pool.

When I first put the Borates in last year my TA registered at around 90. Just about every week my PH drifts up to 7.9 and I add @ 1/3 gallon of 31% acid to bring it to around 7.5. My TA has been dropping each tim ebut now doesn't register. What problems can a low TA cause ?

Thanks is advance ,

Don

You don't want TA to be below 50 at the lowest. Low TA levels allow the PH to change too easily, which usually means that the PH goes out of range high or low every time you add some chemical. Having borates in the pool will moderate the PH changes to some extent, so it probably isn't that bad, but you should still raise TA to at least 50.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.