Hayward PL-PS-8 Control Panel help

Mar 14, 2018
Ft worth, TX
Hey Guys! Recently moved into a house with a pool that needed a little bit of work. This is my first pool, so its been quite a bit of a learning process. One of the problems with it is the outdoor control panel. When I first moved in the buttons on the control panel would beep when pressed but it wouldn't change. I replaced the control panel and when i initially plugged the new one back in it did the same thing. I turned it off and unplugged it a couple times, then it started working normally. Now, it's started the same thing again, almost like the key pad is locked. I have a video of me pushing the buttons, if that would be helpful. The system is a Hayward Goldline PL-PS-8. Any ideas what could be causing this problem?

Thanks

Welcome to the forum!

Please read this and fill out your signature: Pool School - Read This BEFORE You Post

Usually when an electronic board freezes like that but can be recovered with a reboot, it is usually due to power supply issues and/or thermal issues.

Can you correlate the problem with an power issues you have been having at the house?

Does the unit get extremely hot?

Do you have an SWCG?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.