CircuPool SJ40 couple of questions

MeSue

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 29, 2007
Florida
My husband has these questions about installing the CircuPool SJ SWG in our setup.

I am attaching photos of the equipment pad and plumbing.

The instructions say: "The cell should be located above the highest plumbing point, and raised at least 6" from the return line."

He is unsure of what is meant by "above the highest plumbing point." Does that mean ALL the plumbing, because if so then it doesn't make sense to him. As you can see, there is plumbing higher (in elevation) than where the current chlorinator is, after the solar heater plumbing. We were thinking we would replace the existing chlorinator with the SJ-40. Will that work?

The other question is what is the length of the wiring between the cell and the control box. To put it where the chlorinator is, it probably needs at least 10 feet of length.

Thanks for your help. I emailed discount salt pool and got no reply and figured I’d get an answer here faster than calling the company. :cool:

D810089E-B292-4AE4-8826-7BFF57F64CF7.jpg
5ABC353D-3C1B-4F10-A9D5-76BD2659A78E.jpg

They are trying to make sure that the cell isn't energized but full of water but not flowing and therefore continuing to create hydrogen gas in the cell. I *believe* you can install it above the filter plumbing and satisfy this requirement, but I'm not 100%.

They want at least 6" of straight pipe so the water will flow better through the cell. I believe the reason for raising it above the equipment is to prevent the pool water from flowing out of the pipes when the cell is out of the plumbing when it is being cleaned or inspected.

Install it where the chlorinator is and raise it up to the top of the filter if desired. You shouldn't have any problems with the length of wiring required at that location.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.