Aqualink relay wiring

Hello all,
I'm pretty new to the pool thing, but **somewhat** LOL. familiar with high and low voltage circuits. From an safety standpoint I wanted to run this by the POOL guys. I am installing 2x 12v led pool lights and a Pentair PS300 transformer and also some 12v led landscape lights. (Everything combined is well below the rated output of the transformer). My question is can I wire the power supply side of the transformer to 2 AUX relays in my Aqualink system? Basically go from the circuit breaker to the line side of the first relay and then jumper over to the line side of the second one. I would then run both load sides back to the transformer to turn it on whenever either relay is energized. Doing it this way will accomplish 2 things: one I could independently control the pool lights and the landscape lights and second: I will only need one transformer. Tell me what you think?
Thanks in advance..

cabo,

Welcome to TFP... a great place to find the answers to all your pool light questions... :shark:

I think you need to go back to school... :p

You can wire up the transformer to two aux relays, but turning on either relay will turn on both the pool lights and the landscape lights...

Maybe I just missed something, but I can't see how you are getting two independent outputs from the same transformer???

Tell me what I missed :confused:

Thanks,

Jim R.

LOL Absolute brain fade. The minute I posted this I drew a diagram and I goofed. I am just trying to figure a way around 2 transformers as my pool is at our house in Mexico and I was planning on suitcasing the needed parts down and transformers are a bit heavy. Any ideas on how else to wire it?

It looks like my best option is to get a small Lightweight second transformer for the landscape lights and plug it into a GFCI and then switch the GFCI outlet with the second relay. Thanks for the brain check, I guess I let my fingers type faster than my Brain.....:rolleyes:

Steve,

Only happens to me several times a day.. :p

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.