I don't wanna wait!

Aug 9, 2009
So, my pool looks so gross right now and I'm tried of trying to fix all these problems by spending tons of $$$ with little or no results. I'm done with Baquicil! Now here's the thing...as much as I would love to watch the wonderful color show, I just don't have the time or quite frankly the will to go through a huge conversion process.

If I drain my pool, clean it well, switch out the sand in the filter...what would be my next step? Test kits and me...yeah thanks but I failed chemistry and color coding for me only works with shoes and handbags!

So any and all help would be wonderful!

~*~Jackie~*~

Re: I don't wanna wait1

I'm real new, so don't know anything about the conversion options. But I think before anyone else can help you should post the following:

1. Type of pool (Above or In ground)
2. Pool size
3. Pool volume in gallons
4. Location -- sometimes climate matters
5. Fill water -- well or tap
6. Pool Lining -- plaster, tile, vinyl, etc

Believe me, testing with the TF Test Kit is entirely painless and really empowering to know you have accurate results that take only minutes a day to get. With the info in pool school and the pool calculator, you can simply put in your test results and it will spit out what you are supposed to add. Pretty easy and worth the very small learning curve so you can maintain your pool after you re-fill. Order your kit today -- I can't believe you would regret it!

Okay...sorry...new to this whole process!

1. Type of pool (Above or In ground) Above
2. Pool size -- 27 ft Round
3. Pool volume in gallonsm-- Approx. 17,000
4. Location -- sometimes climate matters ---Newport News, Virginia
5. Fill water -- well or tap --- Tap
6. Pool Lining -- plaster, tile, vinyl, etc --- Vinyl

If you can safely drain it without anything breaking or collapsing, I seem to recall someone doing a conversion after doing a partial drain and refill and it went really fast. You will still have goo in the pipes and so you may end up changing the sand a second time. Surely someone will be along with better info.... meanwhile, maybe you can search and find that post I am recalling.

There is a risk involved when fully draining a pool with a vinyl liner. Keep that in mind, I honestly don't think it's worth the risk. YOu could damage the liner... You need one of the recommended test kits to have an efficient conversion.

The more water you replace, the faster the conversion will go. If you replace all of the water, the conversion will only take a day or two. The conversion procedure is the same regardless, just much faster after you replace water.

Hey! Order the test kit! It really helped me out and still does. And it is super easy to use. You remember me saying we got a hole in ours when we were DONE with our conversion? Well we lost a good amount of water...nearly 1100 gallons or so...and even then our liner started to pucker a bit. Be careful with draining. But I so know what you mean about the waiting. Good luck, girl and if you need any help, you know I am home alllll day! ;)

Hi, I just converted my pool last week. I ended up draining to about 6 inches and then refilling. After my first dose of chlorine the pool turned green, but no precipitate. After two hours the pool was clear again and the chlorine level held that first night. I was so happy we drained it, the conversion went so fast. We drained wed night, filled on Thursday, shocked on Friday and Swam on Saturday! GOod luck!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.