Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Solaxx--Pur Chlor system model # CLG140A

1. Back To Top    #1

Solaxx--Pur Chlor system model # CLG140A

I about to install a salt water in-ground pool and am looking for the best salt water system for my 23K gallon pool. My sales person has recommended the Solaxx--Pur Chlor system model # CLG140A, any thoughts or better ideas?

John
    Installing a 15' x 40' San Juan fiberglass pool, late March early April, Rochester NY.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Solaxx--Pur Chlor system model # CLG140A

John,

Here is a pretty good comparison chart... Compare and Review Saltwater Chlorine Generator Prices and Features

I have a Solaxx brand cell for my standalone spa.. It was pretty cheap, but seems to be working fine.. It is not at all the same type of cell you need for an in-ground pool...

Thanks for posting,

Jim R.

- - - Updated - - -

Keep in mind that we always recommend getting a cell that is rated at least 2 x the volume of your pool.... The bigger the better... the more chlorine they produce the less you have to run your pump..
    Finished in 2015 - 17K Gal, IG, 20' x 25' Almost Rectangular Pool, Pebble finish, three rockport water falls. Pentair Equipment: EasyTouch 4, IC40 SWG, 3 HP VS Pump, CCP520 Cartridge Filter.
    TF100 with SpeedStir and SampleSizer, ColorQ Pro 7, Dolphin Premier Robot Cleaner, added Screen Logic 2, added small 3 person Caldera Spa.

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Solaxx--Pur Chlor system model # CLG140A

Thank you
    Installing a 15' x 40' San Juan fiberglass pool, late March early April, Rochester NY.