Great Value Bleach???

Hello Everyone,

Did Walmart/Great Value kill off the standard bleach that they made? All the new bottles are 6% with a dark blue label. 6% is just rubbish. I got the last 3 bottles of 8.25% from my local Wal-Mart this weekend. Today I see none of them on shelves. :mad:

- - - Updated - - -

I think I posted this in the wrong section!

Yup... sadly it seems they've all (or many) have reverted back to the old 6%, shy of a full gallon (121 ounces) and same price as before.

So we're paying more for less.

It stinks for sure. Check out the Pool Section for the 10% Pool liquid chlorine "shock" to see if that might be a better buy.

Or find a store that still stocks the 8.25%. (Good luck on that)

Maddie :flower:

I have also recently found this out..."Concentrated Bleach" that is not concentrated at all.
I have sent Walmart a email request for an explanation, and a request to bring back the 8.25%

Truly it is false advertising, there is nothing "concentrated" about it!

Crossing fingers, (or banging my head up against the wall)

-PF

Walmart replied.

So, I spoke with the Manufacturer of the Great Value Bleach, Kick Custom Products. The rep called me, (I guess not wanting their response in black and white via email).
She explained that Clorox went back to their 6% towards the end of last year, which in turn has forced the private labels to also start producing only 6%.
I did see at Sams that their Clorox 3 Pack was also 6%.
As it seems, the 8.25% is going to go away. Stock up while you can, if you see it at 8.25% buy it.

The Rep did suggest that I speak with the Pooltime branch(Walmart) to ask them about stocking more of their 10% version.
Hopefully it will be fresh enough to use...

-PF

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
KIK manufactures most of the bleach in North America. I believe they also supply Clorox as well. Once a major brand line Clorox makes the switch, the manufacturing volumes change and it becomes uneconomical to manufacture bleach in different %’s to different brands. So, like the proverbial elephant in the room, if Clorox says “no more 8.25%” than everyone else follows suit. It’s only a matter of time before every non-Clorox brand rolls over.

Look around for pool stores or farm supply stores that sell liquid chlorine in refillable containers as that will likely be your best bet.

You soon will all be SWG pools....it’s only a matter of time .... bwahahahahaha, bwahahaha!!!

This sounds like an ideal picture for the inside back cover of Consumers Reports. If i get a chance and time to go buy a jug of both and make the photo I'll send it in. Unless someone here already has a gallon of each (8.25% and 6% new version) they'll snap?

Maddie :flower:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.