Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Is this how I drain the pool?

1. Back To Top    #1

Is this how I drain the pool?

Hi there,

Need to drain the pool to lower CYA. Also, there’s a lot of water overflowing from the pool into spa. Pool guy says I connect a hose to the filter pump that runs spa/booster pump, run the filter, and drain the water from there.

Water definitely comes out of the hose when I do this.

Is this the correct way to drain the pool using the Aqualink RS-8?

thanks,
    7,200 gallons, pebbletech, Jandy PlusHP1.0 pump

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Is this how I drain the pool?

dm,

I am not exactly sure what you are doing, but you want to make sure that wherever you are getting the water for your pump, ... make sure it does not run dry...

Jim R.
    Finished in 2015 - 17K Gal, IG, 20' x 25' Almost Rectangular Pool, Pebble finish, three rockport water falls. Pentair Equipment: EasyTouch 4, IC40 SWG, 3 HP VS Pump, CCP520 Cartridge Filter.
    TF100 with SpeedStir and SampleSizer, ColorQ Pro 7, Dolphin Premier Robot Cleaner, added Screen Logic 2, added small 3 person Caldera Spa.

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Is this how I drain the pool?

The safest way to drain your pool is to just siphon with a hose. Leave the pump off, use the hose to start a siphon and drop the other end in a lower spot of the yard or drain. (hey, remember those days of gas shortages in the 70s? Seems a mess of folks learned how to siphon from Mom's car back then....lol)

Maddie
    Maddie :) 12K Fiberglass IG, Infinity 4000 automatic cover, SWCG, Hayward Sand Filter, Hayward 1.5 Pump, Doheny Discovery Robot, Savi Melody LED pool lights, outdoor speakers and other assorted doo-dads. Sundance Altamar Hot Tub.
    Skippy's Pool Cooler --> Skippy's New Fountain Our Build --> Our Pool Solved Our Sloping Yard