I'm a first time pool owner and made a possilble big mistake.
had the brilliant idea to blend granulated chlorine, ph riser, and shock in a glass jar, then add water to start the disolving process, in order to avoid the bleaching stains on the bottom of the pool. yup it began to react violently at which time I just threw the whole thing into the pool. so much for the comedy.
Well My tester only goes to a bright yellow which indicates a chlorine level of 5PPM.
Well it comes out RED. I'm assuming thats too high.
what do I do?
Its 92 out today and my 6 yr old wants to be in the pool.
which is a 12 by 32'' intex vinyl pool.