Circupool RJ60 or RJ60+ (or other)

Jun 16, 2014
Phoenix AZ
I have decided to take the plunge and buy/install a SWG for the upcoming season. After much research here and elsewhere, I am leaning towards either the Circupool RJ60 or RJ60+.

RJ60: 3.1lbs CL/day, rated lifetime of 11500 hours, 5 year limited warranty for $999.
RJ60+: 3.1lbs CL/day, rated lifetime of 15000 hours, 7 year limited warranty for $1099.

I decided on these to get the biggest SWG on the market at the best price.

Anyone have a Circupool RJ or RJ+ and can share their experience? And is the PLUS version worth an $100?

Also any other comparable SWG to consider instead?

Thanks!

i just copied this from my thread im doing the same thing and looking at circupool rj60 +

Re: is a ic60 enough for my pool

Jimmie,

A new salt cell would look perfect in there!!!... I am a highly biased Pentair kind of guy, so you would think I would recommend the IC60... Well, if you had an automation system I would... But, without an automation system I would look at CircuPool salt cells... the IC60 puts out 2.0 lbs. of chlorine a day... For the same basic price you can get a CircuPool that will put out 3.0 lbs. per day...

Here is a clink to a comparison... Compare and Review Saltwater Chlorine Generator Prices and Features

If you have your heart set on the IC60, it meets our recommendation of being rated for at least 2 x the volume of your pool, so you are good to go..

I can't say enough good things about saltwater pools... Just keep in mind you still have to test and maintain your chemical levels... Don't let the ease of use lull you into a false sense of security... :razz:

Thanks for posting,

Jim R.

btw where did you get the prices from ?​

I have had an SJ 45 for over 3 years now, I have also installed an SJ 40 in a friends pool and an SJ20... The SJ40 and 45 are rock stars, they have never had a problem keeping a clear pool all summer long with multiple different uses and people.. On 15,000 Gallon pools, we have never had to run them over 10 hours a day even during Aug in OK...

The SJ 20 running 24/7 on a 8500 gallon pool has issues in AUG on a pool that gets lots of tree and bug junk in it.. I am going to install an SJ40 in it so I do not have to worry about it ( I did this install as a test of the SJ20 ) This pool is probably the worst that a SWG would have to go through, it did keep up until the end in AUG :)

That being said I have not done official tests on them nor do I want to..

The RJ and the RJ+ are much nicer units with just about every option that more expensive units have and they have much higher output's.. With that said I have not used one nor installed one so I can't comment on them.. I can say that Circupool has a great warranty department along with great troubleshooting when you call..

Circupool is also a great brand if you are installing yourself, they will not void the warranty like all the others will do :)

I can not say enough GREAT things about DiscountSaltPool, they are great to work with, have very knowledgeable people working there and will help with every portion of the install.. And the $1 dollar upgrade is a awesome option :)

I hope this helps

I have had an SJ 45 for over 3 years now, I have also installed an SJ 40 in a friends pool and an SJ20... The SJ40 and 45 are rock stars, they have never had a problem keeping a clear pool all summer long with multiple different uses and people.. On 15,000 Gallon pools, we have never had to run them over 10 hours a day even during Aug in OK...

The SJ 20 running 24/7 on a 8500 gallon pool has issues in AUG on a pool that gets lots of tree and bug junk in it.. I am going to install an SJ40 in it so I do not have to worry about it ( I did this install as a test of the SJ20 ) This pool is probably the worst that a SWG would have to go through, it did keep up until the end in AUG :)

That being said I have not done official tests on them nor do I want to..

The RJ and the RJ+ are much nicer units with just about every option that more expensive units have and they have much higher output's.. With that said I have not used one nor installed one so I can't comment on them.. I can say that Circupool has a great warranty department along with great troubleshooting when you call..

Circupool is also a great brand if you are installing yourself, they will not void the warranty like all the others will do :)

I can not say enough GREAT things about DiscountSaltPool, they are great to work with, have very knowledgeable people working there and will help with every portion of the install.. And the $1 dollar upgrade is a awesome option :)

I hope this helps

Awesome thank you cowboy and you too Tim. 1$ upgrade looking into that right now

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.