Remodel - Pool Finish

MB3214

Mar 13, 2018
LODI CA
Hi! I'm new to this forum. We are in the process of getting bids from several pool builders to remodel our 30 year-old-pool located in Northern CA. We have the original plaster finish on a 20,000 gallon free form pool and plan to keep the aggregate deck which is in OK condition.

I'm on overload with the types of pool finish and tile choices!

When I started this project we were going to go with a white plaster and add an extra additive for strength. Now we are looking at the following two different pool finish choices:

• Wet Edge Altima (French Grey or Pacific for a medium blue pool)
  • Aquavations Hydrazzo Bella Platino (gray in color for a medium blue look)

Is one finish better than the other? Every builder seems to use a certain manufacturer so it seems difficult to compare. Any comments or suggestions?

I've narrowed my tile choices to NPT Aquarius Moorea or Gemstone Blue. I had also looked at NPT Blue Seas Light Blue but they don't have a matching 2" tile for the spa dam wall.

Any help would be appreciated.

Hello and welcome to the forum! :wave: I don't have experience with either of those finishes, but I'm some other members do. Feel free to reply back to this thread as often as you need to for more replies. Thanks for using the forum, and best of luck on your renovation!

Hi, I'm currently renovating and want grey as well. We liked the look of the french grey altima but one of the guys that came out said they don't like using it as it streaks. They don't recommend it to anyone. I was looking at Wet edge luna quartz Bermuda or Krystalkrete french grey or salt and pepper, I'll be curious to see what you decide!

That certainly concerns me! One of the companies I met with pushes the gray finishes saying they are the most popular color choices. Ugh!

I also looked at Altima Pacific which looks like a medium blue hue. I guess it's worth a second look.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi! I'm new to this forum. We are in the process of getting bids from several pool builders to remodel our 30 year-old-pool located in Northern CA. We have the original plaster finish on a 20,000 gallon free form pool and plan to keep the aggregate deck which is in OK condition.

I'm on overload with the types of pool finish and tile choices!

When I started this project we were going to go with a white plaster and add an extra additive for strength. Now we are looking at the following two different pool finish choices:

• Wet Edge Altima (French Grey or Pacific for a medium blue pool)
  • Aquavations Hydrazzo Bella Platino (gray in color for a medium blue look)

Is one finish better than the other? Every builder seems to use a certain manufacturer so it seems difficult to compare. Any comments or suggestions?

I've narrowed my tile choices to NPT Aquarius Moorea or Gemstone Blue. I had also looked at NPT Blue Seas Light Blue but they don't have a matching 2" tile for the spa dam wall.

Any help would be appreciated.
Where in NorCal are you? I'm in Petaluma and am trying to get quotes to remodel my 30 years old pool as well.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.