Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Intex pump too loud?

1. Back To Top    #1

Intex pump too loud?

I think so. What do you think?
    Streamable - free video publishing

I forgot what it used to sound like a couple of years ago when it was new.
    Intex Ultra Frame AG Round 16'x48", 5050 gallons
    Intex 28651EG Sand Filter Pump (had SWG, still have salt in water)
    Intex Auto Pool Cleaner, Intex Wall Mount Skimmer, Intex LED Pool Sprayer

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Intex pump too loud?

OMG... Noise Pollution! I can't imagine putting up with that kind of noise, worse yet if it was my neighbors. My inground pool pump doesn't make any thing close to that in noise and has a lower deeper sound.

If at all possible i'd ditch that and go for a non-intex separate pump and filter.

Just my two cents.

Maddie
    Maddie :) 12K Fiberglass IG, Infinity 4000 automatic cover, SWCG, Hayward Sand Filter, Hayward 1.5 Pump, Doheny Discovery Robot, Savi Melody LED pool lights, outdoor speakers and other assorted doo-dads. Sundance Altamar Hot Tub.
    Skippy's Pool Cooler --> Skippy's New Fountain Our Build --> Our Pool Solved Our Sloping Yard

3. Back To Top    #3

TFP Guide

Reminds me of the sound my air compressor made when it went out. If I remember correctly (it was a few years ago), a bearing went out in it. I only paid like $20 for it, so wasn't too upset since it lasted me 3+ years.

Honestly, an Intex pump isn't worth figuring out. Your pool is a size smaller than mine, and I'm using Hayward C4001575XES EasyClear 1 HP Above-Ground Pool Filter Pump System. Does a super great job of moving the water and you'll only need to clean the filter once or twice a season. While you're at it, might want to install a through the wall skimmer. Check out the link in my signature about the modifications I made to my AG pool.
    Pool Stats: 18' X 48" Vinyl AG, 6,700 gal, Hayward Power-Flo LX 1hp and Easy-Clear C400 cart, Circupool RJ-45 SWG, Dolphin S300, My AG Pool Mods
    Helpful Links: Pool Logger, PoolMath, TF100 test kit, Recommended Chemical Levels, Ext Test Kit Directions, FC/CYA Chart, Chlorine Date Code Calendar, Polyfill Iron Removal, Borates Drop Test

4. Back To Top    #4

I turned it on for the first time this season and placed an order for another the same day. I was thinking of my neighbors too. It should be here Friday. I did go with another Intex, different model, 28651EG sand filter pump only. Open box new for $150. Iíll get a separate SWG later. Last season I used less of the SWG and substituted with bleach anyway.

If this Intex doesnít stay quiet for a reasonable amount of time, Iíll look at other brands.

5. Back To Top    #5

Haha what a difference. New pump nearly no sound. Neighbors and I will sleep so much better now.

Is is this thing even on?
    New pump:
    https://streamable.com/9fjm4

Old pump:
    https://streamable.com/bjypm

6. Back To Top    #6

TFP Guide

Quote Originally Posted by fareal View Post
    Haha what a difference. New pump nearly no sound. Neighbors and I will sleep so much better now.

https://streamable.com/9fjm4
    Man that's nice and quiet. Hopefully this one will last longer for you.
    Pool Stats: 18' X 48" Vinyl AG, 6,700 gal, Hayward Power-Flo LX 1hp and Easy-Clear C400 cart, Circupool RJ-45 SWG, Dolphin S300, My AG Pool Mods
    Helpful Links: Pool Logger, PoolMath, TF100 test kit, Recommended Chemical Levels, Ext Test Kit Directions, FC/CYA Chart, Chlorine Date Code Calendar, Polyfill Iron Removal, Borates Drop Test

7. Back To Top    #7

I don’t remember the old one ever being this quiet. Maybe I just completely forgot what it sounded like originally.

Now im going to be wondering if it’s even on.

This new one pumps a bit more too. I think it’s 2450 GPH vs 2150 GPH with the old. So far I’m able to leave my inlet wide open and the Intex Pool Cleaner is roaming around the bottom of the pool happy as can be. With the old pump I would have to close the inlet at least half way for her to keep roaming. https://streamable.com/07f0z (i split the output of the pump with pvc, one side for the cleaner, second for for the normal pool inlet, the third that is closed majority of the time is for the pool sprayer/fountain)

8. Back To Top    #8

Yay!! Win-Win for you!

Maddie
    Maddie :) 12K Fiberglass IG, Infinity 4000 automatic cover, SWCG, Hayward Sand Filter, Hayward 1.5 Pump, Doheny Discovery Robot, Savi Melody LED pool lights, outdoor speakers and other assorted doo-dads. Sundance Altamar Hot Tub.
    Skippy's Pool Cooler --> Skippy's New Fountain Our Build --> Our Pool Solved Our Sloping Yard