Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Pool light placement

1. Back To Top    #1

Pool light placement

Hi everyone, installing the pool lights this week. For a 30x14 Flat back kidney I am using one 5g Intellibrite on the deep end and one globrite for the shallow end to help illuminate the steps/sitting area in the pool. I have marked both light in red below, do you agree with this placement for best coverage? The black lines represent the location of the house
    kidney.JPG

Also for the globrite, any suggestions how far below the waterline I should install them? My shallow end is 36" should I install it just below the water line? Pentair only requires 8-10" below the waterline so its submerged. Should I go halfway? like 18"

I have a gray/granite liner, thanks!
    30x14 flat kidney 12k, Pentair VSF, Pentair EZ touch/IC40, TA60 CP, screenlogic, 4 deck jets, 5G, globrite and intellibrite. Gray granite liner, Saratoga step-n-spa granite gray with jets.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Pool light placement

I think your Intellibrite placement is fine. If your gray liner is anywhere near as dark as my Black Onyx Pebble Sheen, I don't recommend using a Globrite. If it's more of a light gray, the Globrite is probably okay. Our new pool is big and deep and the builder went with four Globrites at about 18" deep. The lights do not have enough power to overcome the dark plaster and the size. I think the placement of your second light is good as well.

Bob
    New in 2017, will update

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Pool light placement

One thing I've noticed and I'm sure others have as well, the 5G and the GloBrite have slightly different color characteristics and you will likely notice this variation. If you are really particular about it matching you may want to go all GloBrite or all 5G. We have two 5G in our free form and a GloBrite on the Baja shelf but being that it only really illuminates the shallower area of the shelf, it's not too noticeable.
    Fill date: 12/16/17 - IG 22x34 Free-form 20k Gal., Shotcrete, w/Raised Spa. Saltwater, Stonescapes Mini-Pebble in "Aqua Cool" w/ Abalone, Pentair Intelliflo 2 VST, Quad DE 100 Filter, MasterTemp HD 400k Btu, EasyTouch8 w/ ScreenLogic, 5G lights 2pool, 1 spa +globrite on Shelf. Auto-Fill, TF-100 Test Kit w/Speed Stir Dolphin S300i cleaner "Nessy".Pool, , Fire-pit Build - So. California