Spa Side Remote - Blower randomly powering on

Mar 13, 2018
Frisco, TX.
Have a Jandy Aqualink RS4 coupled with a Jandy 7441 spa side switch. A few months back the spa blower began periodically powering on and off. This would happen when the system was and was not running. First thing I did was troubleshoot the switch by checking continuity from the black wire to the other wires. All checked out but on the side of caution I replaced the switch and found the problem remained. I then proceeded to replace the power control board, completely reprogrammed everything and all functions were normal except for the spa blower which still periodically powered on and off. Next I replaced the relay for the blower, you guessed it, it the problem still remains. Ultimately I removed the white wire from the spa switch block thats connected to the pcb and the problem is gone but as you can guess this kills the ability to use the switch to turn on the blower from the spa. All other functions of the system work normally. The blower can still be activated from the panel inside the house. I'm just at a complete loss as to why this continues to be a problem. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Sorry to hear that. I had the exact same symptom last year. Fishing a new switch and wires back to the panel fixed it, so I don't have any other suggestions.

Just confirming that you also replaced the black 6-pin connector. It comes in a separate bag with the new 7441.

Last edited:
Rob,

Welcome to TFP... a great place to find the answers to all your weird-working questions... :shark:

This is a pretty common problem with Spa side wired remotes... nothing inside the remote except four normally open momentary switches and a LED lite...

All it takes is for the switch to build up some corrosion and then moisture can intermittently short them out.. A little change in temperature and they are working again.

They are often mounted way to closed to the spa water line... Supposed to be about 3" or 4" above...

Thanks for posting... too bad you did not come here first... :(

Jim R.

Revisiting this thread to see if anyone has had a similar issue. Issue still remains. I've tried a new switch plugged directly into the board (without fishing the wire just to test) and I still get the same problem. Blower randomly kicks on and off. Also tested this with a new block that came with the new switch. Any help from the Jandy experts is appreciated.

Have you tried it with no spa switch connected to the board?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.