New Build in Mesa, AZ

shocka

Gold Supporter
Mar 12, 2018
Mesa, AZ
Hi All -- Wanted to get a thread up and running for my upcoming project. I still have a decent amount of planning and research to do, but wanted to get some information up on a thread for others to follow.

I am currently in the process of researching delivery methods (PB, OB, combination of PB for solely pool and OB for improvements).

My goal is to provide some information to the community here on local market conditions, competent subcontractors and design firms, pool builders and the overall process.

There have been some nice local projects completed recently and a few more that look like they are in various states of progress.

I'll keep the thread up to date on progress as it develops. Looking forward to it.

EDIT: Updated layout in post below.

JoshPrelim Backyard Design.jpg20180209_074015.jpg

Last edited:
My initial equipment/spec list:
GALLONS - Appx 19,000 GAL
FILTER - Pentair Clean & Clear Plus Cartridge 520SF
PUMP - Pentair Intelliflo VS 3HP
AUTOMATION - None
SWCG - Circupool (model TBD)
CHLORINE INJECTION - Stenner pump setup (MAYBE LATER ON)
SKIMMER - Waterway Renegade Venturi
ROBOT - Dolphin Model TBD (S200/S300/S300i)
LIGHTS - Pentair amerlite w/ PVC niche (2)
SLIDE - SR Smith (Typhoon or Helix2)
COPING/DECK - Travertine (Size TBD)

Attachments

• Design - Plumbing.pdf
    139 KB · Views: 40
  • Design - Dimension Plan.pdf
    67.1 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:
Thanks Jay -- OB route. So far it has been going pretty smooth.

Our backyard is on the north side of a two story, so that is the shade this time of year (winter). Summer is a different story. Planning for lots of umbrella sleeves and possibly a shade canopy over the shallower side.

PS I updated the pic link with the pool drawings.

Curious, did you end up going with the artistic pavers? I’ve been holding out on pavers. Can’t make up my mind. And I really like their shell pavers.
We ended up going with MSI Arterra porcelain pavers/coping. I have the coping installed and the decking is on order. They are pretty reasonably priced and a better non-slip surface than the travertine. Also, more durable.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Looks great! it seems to be coming along nice. Did you decide on a slide? We have the Helix 2 and we love it!
No slide yet. I have the pool filled and have been in it a few times, but still have a decent amount of work to do on the decking and water features. I have been eyeing the helix 2, but the price tag has prevented me from pulling the trigger just yet.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.