Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: General Time Line Question- am I being impatient?

1. Back To Top    #1

Thumbs up General Time Line Question- am I being impatient?

Hi! So we started the pool building process the beginning of January. Met with a PB and signed/ gave them $1,000 to lock in the sale price until our Re Fi closed. They told us with that $1,000 they would start pulling permits so when we paid the full 10% deposit on Feb. 9th we could get started right away. Well that didn't happen. I let that go and they told us on Feb 9th when we paid the full deposit digging would start last week of February, First week of March. Well here we are... March 13th and they only thing they have done is pull permits, mark the yard and had my neighbor and us sign a paper last week stating we were responsible for re sodding or anything they mess up in their yard during construction. So as it stands, they have had a full 10% deposit for 6 weeks and still haven't started construction and cannot give me an answer on what day they plan to do so. Am I just being impatient? I really want to pull the plug at the moment and go with a different PB.
    Thanks for letting me vent! -annoyed in Jacksonville Fl.
    Paige
    16x32 gunite pool. Florida Gem Plaster. Two LED bubblers with 10X6 sunshelf. Salt system... equipment Carvin, says Pentair on the actual equipment? 75,000 BTU heater. Screen Enclosed.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: General Time Line Question- am I being impatient?

Vent all you want here. We don't mind. As for the timeline, we've seen so many different outcomes with builds taking anywhere from 3 months in an almost ideal environment, to over a year for some nightmare owners. In the end, it's just best to keep a happy game face on, keep a good dialog going, and try to kill them with kindness to keep you in their field of vision. Tougher said than done, but do the best you can.
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!

3. Back To Top    #3

Thanks! I am already over it lol. I feel so bad getting upset about something so trivial... first world problems right? I just am a stickler for when people say they are going to do something and it not happening. I have a very good relationship with my PB thankfully, and he is just as frustrated with the sub contractors so I will just sit tight and wait.
    Paige
    16x32 gunite pool. Florida Gem Plaster. Two LED bubblers with 10X6 sunshelf. Salt system... equipment Carvin, says Pentair on the actual equipment? 75,000 BTU heater. Screen Enclosed.

4. Back To Top    #4

Perfectly understandable. It's a big investment of time and money, so naturally, there's going to be some stress for everyone involved.

Hopefully, everything goes well from here.
    Support the site

Trouble Free Pool is a free resource. The people who answer questions are volunteers. If you find the site to be a good resource, please consider making a donation to help support the site. Thanks.

5. Back To Top    #5

Some times it feels good to just get the VENT up and out! I hope he finds a way to light a fire under them to get them working in your pool!

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

6. Back To Top    #6

He called the sub out company that will be doing the dig/rebar/gunite. We are next on the list so sometime this week, first of next week they said.... I feel like I have heard that before lol
    Paige

7. Back To Top    #7

We signed in September 2017. They started in February. They will likely end in April. After dealing with multiple contractors and projects we learned not be in a hurry. I think you'll find once you have a hole in the ground things progress nicely afterwards weather permitting.

To quote the money pit "TWO WEEKS, TWO WEEKS"...
    19,000G IG | French Grey Plaster | 3ft Wide Waterfall | Pentair CCP420 Clean & Clear Filter | Pentair 3.0hp Intelliflo VSF Pump | 2 x Melody Sol LEDs | Pentair Ultratemp Heat and Cooling 140k/80K | Pentair Easytouch PS4 | Del Eclipse 20 | Taylor K-2006-C

8. Back To Top    #8

haha I love that movie! Yes I just need to be patient!
    Quote Originally Posted by iain42 View Post
    We signed in September 2017. They started in February. They will likely end in April. After dealing with multiple contractors and projects we learned not be in a hurry. I think you'll find once you have a hole in the ground things progress nicely afterwards weather permitting.

To quote the money pit "TWO WEEKS, TWO WEEKS"...
    Paige