Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: So itís Pebbletec and... Pebbletec, then?

1. Back To Top    #1

So itís Pebbletec and... Pebbletec, then?

I feel like Iím the new kid at school and everyone is snickering because they all know the answer already. I found some old posts from like 2007 about granite or something but from what I can tell, my only options for resurfacing our existing plaster pool are plaster or a Pebbletec product? Correct?

Golly. It needs to be said. Where I come from, this is what we call a monopoly!

Anyway, assuming the new kid has figured out the answer, I would love to know who has used Pebble Sheen Ocean Blue and specifically what tile and coping s/he used. I think weíre going to insist (against the contractorís objections) that he re-use the existing flagstone coping which is high quality and works, aesthetically, with the design. But tile! What about tile? Anyone?

I have the ability to seriously overthink this decision, People. Iím going to belabor it beyond all reason. Help me out?

Hereís our existing work. Hoping to regrout that wall, too, which is made of the same flagstone and has the same warm sandy grout as the coping.
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: So itís Pebbletec and... Pebbletec, then?

Lots of alternatives to Pebbletec -- quartz, aqua bright, finishes from national pool tile and wet edge, several others. But here's my ocean blue pebble sheen. Went for a natural look with the tile, but can't remember the name ...

30k gal IG SW gunite pool, 4-8' deep w/ 16" baja shelf; Ocean Blue PebbleSheen; well water (resin softener); Hayward Pro-Grid 7.5 lb., 60' D.E. filter; Hayward TriStar VS filter pump; Hayward TurboCell T-15 SWG; AquaCal TropiCal heat pump; Hayward OmniLogic automation, Colorlogic lights (2 large; 2 accent); Polaris cleaner w/ booster pump; TurboTwister slide (gray granite); 5' rock waterfall w/ second Hayward TriStar VS pump; TF-100 test kit

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: So itís Pebbletec and... Pebbletec, then?

There is also this:

ecoFINISH aquaBRIGHT longterm review

You DO have choices. You might have to do some calling around to find what is offered in your area. You can call the manufacturers of the different brands to find who their preferred installer is in your area.

I found this:

Types of Pool Plaster

White Marble Plaster. Standard white plaster is the tried and true pool and spa surface finish. ...

Diamond Brite. Combines durable quartz aggregate with white cement to create an accented, non-fading surface. ...

QuartzScapes. Creates a brilliant and enduring appearance for your pool and spa. ...

PebbleTechģ

This will give you some names to search for in your area.

NOW to get down to the nitty gritty..........Any plaster work depends on the skills of the installers!!!! It is very important to check their past pools. Know that most pool builders sub out most of their work and that includes plaster. It might end up there are only 2 or 3 plaster crews in your area that does all or most of the work. Once you start calling around you will start hearing one or two names that are repeated. Hopefully it is for good reasons. I would call the pool builders you can find phone numbers for and ask them who does their plaster. Can't hurt!

As for being the new kid. We LOVE new kids and all of their questions! That is what TFP is all about!

NOW on to the water line tile!!! I like what you have already. Tell me what you do not like about it. Just trying to get into your head and see what you like and don't like.

Your kids are oh so cute!!!

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit