Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Update! Geo bubble solar cover first season update!!

1. Back To Top    #1

Red face Update! Geo bubble solar cover first season update!!

UPDATE!!
    First I want to apologise for my late first season update on our Geo Bubble Solar Cover purchase. The pictures attached were taken last fall, 2017. Okay, so after the first season we are till happy with our purchase and have no regrets with our purchase. I think our cover looks just as good after the first season as it did when it arrived. I did not find any rips, tears, broken, flaking, brittle bubbles and all seams are still firmly attached. Trouble Free Pool website isn't allowing me to post pictures, I keep getting "exceeds your quota of......." when I try to attach pictures. So I will have to contact TFP to see what that all means and how to fix and attach photos at a later time.
    AG, 15x30x52, oval, vinyl liner, Pentair Clean & Clear 125 Cartridge filter, 1.5 HP pump, Hayward automatic chlorine feeder, Aquatherm Sunlite Solar Collectors, 2 main drains, robotic sweeper

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide

Re: Update! Geo bubble solar cover first season update!!

You can either donate to TFP and part of the rewards of donating are increased space for storing images (this is recommended as it helps out server costs and such)

Or

Upload your images to a site like postimages.org. Photobucket doesn't work anymore, and that site has sharing options for forums that automatically include the
    Code:
    [img][/img]
    tags, making it much easier on less technically inclined people.
    Pool Stats: 18' X 48" Vinyl AG, 6,700 gal, Hayward Power-Flo LX 1hp and Easy-Clear C400 cart, Circupool RJ-45 SWG, Dolphin S300, My AG Pool Mods
    Helpful Links: Pool Logger, PoolMath, TF100 test kit, Recommended Chemical Levels, Ext Test Kit Directions, FC/CYA Chart, Chlorine Date Code Calendar, Polyfill Iron Removal, Borates Drop Test

3. Back To Top    #3

Quote Originally Posted by lightmaster View Post
    You can either donate to TFP and part of the rewards of donating are increased space for storing images (this is recommended as it helps out server costs and such)

Or

Upload your images to a site like postimages.org. Photobucket doesn't work anymore, and that site has sharing options for forums that automatically include the
    Code:
    [img][/img]
    tags, making it much easier on less technically inclined people.
    Thank you for this information!!
    AG, 15x30x52, oval, vinyl liner, Pentair Clean & Clear 125 Cartridge filter, 1.5 HP pump, Hayward automatic chlorine feeder, Aquatherm Sunlite Solar Collectors, 2 main drains, robotic sweeper

4. Back To Top    #4

Here are the photos of our Geo Bubble Solar cover after our first season of use.
    IMG_6809 (225x169).jpgIMG_6813 (225x169).jpgIMG_6810 (225x169).jpgIMG_6811 (225x169).jpgIMG_6812 (225x169).jpg

5. Back To Top    #5

Looks great, I usually get 3 years from a solar cover before the bubbles pop and get brittle. During the summer months (May thru Sept) I clean it dry it and store it in my garage. Our pool is roughly 10' x 20' so I purchased a 20' x 40' cover and will get 4 peices out of it and expect it to last 12 years.
    6,000 gal, IG free form,Beach Series Antigua by Marbletite Pebble finish,Sheer Descent, IG Fountain, Dolphin / Mermaid Statues,Dura- Glas 1.5hp pump,Hayward Pro-grid DE4820, Aqua Rite SWG with T-Cell 15,Heat Siphon Heat Pump DX 5.0 109,000 btu, Pool Cage, 1800sq ft Tremron Estate Pavers,Aquatherm Ecosun Solar Panels 192 sq ft with GL-235 Controller,Pentair IntelliBrite, Apollo Magnetic Stirrer Our New Poolbuild, Jacksonville, FL yr 2009 Solar install Outdoor kitchen upgrade

6. Back To Top    #6

I'm about to start my third year and the bubble cover looks great (so far)

It has de-laminated / lifted off top layer from bottom layer in one small 3 inch section but no bubbles are affected.
    16x32 IG Vinyl, 13,000 Gals. Hayward S-244T sand filter, SP2810X15 pump
    (1.5 HP motor) Raypak PR266AEN (266k btu) gas heater. TF-100 Test Kit.
    Dolphin E10 Cleaning Robot.