Copper Plumbing with SWG

Kuhlia

Mar 12, 2018
Los Angeles/CA
Hi! I am moving and we currently have a salt water pool. Both my son and I have sensitive skin and the salt water works great. Anyways the new Pool has copper plumbing. Do we need to replace the plumbing to have a SWG installed and what’s the cost for something like this?

pH control is important to ensure long life of copper components. However, when copper pipes are present, you must consider galvanic corrosion issues as well. In this situation, proper bonding of ALL metallic components in the pool and around it is critical not only for personal safety (electrocution hazards) but also galvanic corrosion.

Can you please post more information about the pool? Size & construction/surface type, other equipment at the pad (heaters, lights, etc) and in the pool (ladders, diving boards). Also, have you had this pool inspected and so you know of it is properly bonded? Is there a concrete deck around the pool? Is there rebar in that deck and is it bonded to the pool?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.