Look at what we pay in Canada for sch 40 pvc

Holy crude that's expensive. That's just for basic 2" PVC, right?

Lowe's in GA sells it for $8.71, and I thought that was expensive.
Screenshot_Chrome_Beta_20180312-193406.png

I used to grow giant pumpkins for competition. I needed about 4000' of 3/4" and 1" pvc for irrigation. This was in 2010. 3/4" was 89 cents per 10 feet in the USA and $7 in Canada. so I drove to Buffalo NY, about 2 hours away and got it all.

We don't use pvc in Canada. plumbing is all abs, copper and pex. The only time you see PVC is for septic weeping beds.

I guess because we don't use it in large quantities we pay way more.

Try a farm supply or irrigation supply place, Chris. My experience was that they're a lot cheaper than the retail hardware sources. 20 foot lengths with a bell end can save on fittings.

Most pools in Aus are plumbed with PN9 rather than PN12, which offers some savings, and it's a bit easier to work with. It's all PN12 at Bunnings (and 3m rather than 6m lengths, but try Reece or an irrigation supply place. They deliver if the 6m lengths are a problem to carry.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.