Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Look at what we pay in Canada for sch 40 pvc

1. Back To Top    #1

Look at what we pay in Canada for sch 40 pvc

No wonder we use flex. lol. Can't even get common fittings here.

What are my friends south of the border paying for a 10' length of 2"?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Blue Hawaiian “Wellington” FG pool 6500 Gal. Raypak 266 NG Nickle plated, 3/4hp Hayward super pump, Heater Reader wifi / app controller. Pentair 420 sq' cartridge filter. Hayward 25k SWG
    Pal LED pool lighting. Jandy K-1100 Electronic Autofiller Build thread here: 2018: Fiberglass install uxbridge ointario

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide

Re: Look at what we pay in Canada for sch 40 pvc

Holy crude that's expensive. That's just for basic 2" PVC, right?

Lowe's in GA sells it for $8.71, and I thought that was expensive.
    Pool Stats: 18' X 48" Vinyl AG, 6,700 gal, Hayward Power-Flo LX 1hp and Easy-Clear C400 cart, Circupool RJ-45 SWG, Dolphin S300, My AG Pool Mods
    Helpful Links: Pool Logger, PoolMath, TF100 test kit, Recommended Chemical Levels, Ext Test Kit Directions, FC/CYA Chart, Chlorine Date Code Calendar, Polyfill Iron Removal, Borates Drop Test

3. Back To Top    #3

try $28.70 australia
    Holman 50mm x 3m Class 12 PVC Pressure Pipe | Bunnings Warehouse
    aussie dollar i think is parity with canadian
    SWG inground peanut shaped eco-bright concrete pool
    50,000 litres 13,000 gallons
    Lincoln Salt Chlorinator, 25 gram cell Sand Filter with glass media
    Taylor K2006-C test kit, Taylor K-1766 salt test, Dolphin M500 pool cleaner
    are you taking care of your pool or is the poolshop taking care of you

4. Back To Top    #4

I used to grow giant pumpkins for competition. I needed about 4000' of 3/4" and 1" pvc for irrigation. This was in 2010. 3/4" was 89 cents per 10 feet in the USA and $7 in Canada. so I drove to Buffalo NY, about 2 hours away and got it all.

We don't use pvc in Canada. plumbing is all abs, copper and pex. The only time you see PVC is for septic weeping beds.

I guess because we don't use it in large quantities we pay way more.
    Blue Hawaiian “Wellington” FG pool 6500 Gal. Raypak 266 NG Nickle plated, 3/4hp Hayward super pump, Heater Reader wifi / app controller. Pentair 420 sq' cartridge filter. Hayward 25k SWG
    Pal LED pool lighting. Jandy K-1100 Electronic Autofiller Build thread here: 2018: Fiberglass install uxbridge ointario

5. Back To Top    #5

Did you ever compete in punkin chunkin contests?
    Support the site

Trouble Free Pool is a free resource. The people who answer questions are volunteers. If you find the site to be a good resource, please consider making a donation to help support the site. Thanks.

6. Back To Top    #6

Quote Originally Posted by JamesW View Post
    Did you ever compete in punkin chunkin contests?
    hahaha. No.

This is me back in the day. haha

Chopping up 1684.5 Ontario Record Pumpkin - YouTube

7. Back To Top    #7

You must have had lots of pumpkin pies that year
    Matt
    16k IG PebbleTec pool, 650gal spa, spillway and waterfall, 3HP IntelliFlo VS / 1.5HP WhisperFlo, Pentair QuadDE-100 filter, IC40 SWCG, MasterTemp 400k BTU/hr NG heater, KreepyKrauly suction-side cleaner Dolphin S300i robot, EasyTouch controls, city water, K-1001, K-2006 and K-1766 test kits, Mannitol test for borates

8. Back To Top    #8

Quote Originally Posted by JoyfulNoise View Post
    You must have had lots of pumpkin pies that year
    If I had a dollar for every time someone said that. lol

9. Back To Top    #9

Try a farm supply or irrigation supply place, Chris. My experience was that they're a lot cheaper than the retail hardware sources. 20 foot lengths with a bell end can save on fittings.

Most pools in Aus are plumbed with PN9 rather than PN12, which offers some savings, and it's a bit easier to work with. It's all PN12 at Bunnings (and 3m rather than 6m lengths, but try Reece or an irrigation supply place. They deliver if the 6m lengths are a problem to carry.
    12k IG salt; glass beads in plaster; K-2006C, K-1766, K-1106 and CCL test kits; Pentair Eco800 1.2HP VS; Zodiac SWCG 1.3 lb/day (25 g/hr); 25" filter recycled glass; OKU solar panels; 1/2 HP solar pump; Rebel (Warrior) pool cleaner; FlowViz; Other family pools 10K SWCG and 15K on liquid; PoolMath app subscriber; | Tips for New Members to get the best possible advice | ... and this helped me a lot!: TFPC for Beginners

10. Back To Top    #10

Quote Originally Posted by aussieta View Post
    try $28.70 australia
    Holman 50mm x 3m Class 12 PVC Pressure Pipe | Bunnings Warehouse
    aussie dollar i think is parity with canadian
    at least the 6m lengths are not double the price at $42.50 ..... mind you bit of shopping around at plumbing supplies will see that halved again... still lots more exy than the US

11. Back To Top    #11

I decided to use tigerflex. I will still need a bit of piping for the equipment pad and a bunch of different fittings. The fittings I have to order from the US as nobody in Canada has the stuff I want. Simple things like street elbows. lol

12. Back To Top    #12

TFP Guide

Check out http://pvcfittingsonline.com. They have great pricing on all their fittings and valves. I don't know if they ship outside the US though....

- - - Updated - - -

Just checked and yes they do ship to Canada.
    Pool Stats: 18' X 48" Vinyl AG, 6,700 gal, Hayward Power-Flo LX 1hp and Easy-Clear C400 cart, Circupool RJ-45 SWG, Dolphin S300, My AG Pool Mods
    Helpful Links: Pool Logger, PoolMath, TF100 test kit, Recommended Chemical Levels, Ext Test Kit Directions, FC/CYA Chart, Chlorine Date Code Calendar, Polyfill Iron Removal, Borates Drop Test

13. Back To Top    #13

Poolsuppliescanada.ca sells fittings but no Sch40 pipe
    Pool: 10'x20'x4' - 6,000gal - Vinyl Liner IG - Hayward Maxflow VSP SP23520VSP - Hayward H250ED2 250k - Hayward Prologic 8 - Hayward T-Cell-15 SWG - Hayward 24" LED waterfalls (x3) - Hayward GVA-24 3-way - Hayward Aqua Connect - Hayward Wireless Table top Remote - Pentair Posi-Clear RP Cartridge filter 200sq - AquaLamp 12v LED multicolor pool lights (x2) - Inline Zinc anode rod

14. Back To Top    #14

Quote Originally Posted by gsrel View Post
    Poolsuppliescanada.ca sells fittings but no Sch40 pipe
    They have a couple fittings that I need. But not half of them. I ordered online from the US. rather get everything from.one vendor.