Pool Deck Question. Marble and slipping? or even travertine and slipping

Jan 25, 2018
maryland
The marble pavers have the greys my wife wants. Anyone have put this on their deck? I assume we need to sand blast the marble to get it rough enough for not slipping. Just looking for anyones thoughts on the slipping and these surfaces. Thank you guys so much you have always answered my questions.

We are thinking about using marble too. Make sure you get tumbled or sand blasted and you will have to seal them.

These are tumbled Tahoe blue and Afyon
1379e2c799f45fbfdf8843809d61e849.jpg
cecb3fc68276498e5fc5fb782f4d7fb5.jpg
55b1d1d4b66aa9b525c0a6d3d7369a52.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I have 'shellstone' travertine - it has oyster shells (naturally I assume) imbedded in the rock. It is not sealed, is not slippery and the best part is it doesn't get HOT with full Florida sun. I haven't had any pool parties yet - no accidents of any type - so I am not 100% sure about staining.

I was wondering if you are still happy with your pool deck marble. Was it marble afyon sandblast? My contractor said sandblast is really bad for decks as it chips a lot and stain when too light. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated since you have it for over 3 years.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.