Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Acrylic Deck and Pavers

1. Back To Top    #1

Acrylic Deck and Pavers

Hi,

My pool deck will be 4" thick concrete with acrylic deck topping. This will be 3 feet wide around the pool perimeter.

The area beyond that will be pavers.

The question i have is, should the pavers be installed all the way to the deck edge? or should there be a gap ?
    Note that the pavers are installed all the way to the foundation of the house already (post tension slab).

If there should be a gap between pool deck and pavers:

1. is this because of the pool deck concrete expansion?
    2. is this because of drainage?
    3. how wide should the gap be?
    4. fill the gap with gravel? or something else?
    My Pool: Gunite; 12,000 Gal; mini-pebble aqua white, Pentair VSF pump 011056; Pentair CCP520 Ctg filter; Pentair intelliBrite 5G color 601001 with controller 600054

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Acrylic Deck and Pavers

All of the pavers I have seen installed have the pavers going right up to the decking unless they were doing a decorative strip with rocks or grass. care should be used to make sure the correct slope is used on all of it to prevent drainage problems in the pool and house.

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Acrylic Deck and Pavers

Thx!
    My Pool: Gunite; 12,000 Gal; mini-pebble aqua white, Pentair VSF pump 011056; Pentair CCP520 Ctg filter; Pentair intelliBrite 5G color 601001 with controller 600054