Jandy PDA control box stuck with some lights and no display

robl45

Oct 27, 2007
Parkland, FL
Looked today at my Jandy PDA control box and it just had a couple of lights on. Switched power at the breaker and now the just the auto light is on with no display on the aquapure. I'm assuming it had something to do with daylight savings time as it's been working flawlessly. Any idea how to fix? I vaguely remember this happening about 3 years ago right after we moved in.

So further testing the pda shows the Auto light and the aquapure display is completely dead. I checked the test points and it appears no voltage is coming from the aquapure transformer. Would that cause both parts to be messed up? Does anyone have troubleshooting guide for the jandy PDA unit? I have the guides for the aquapure unit.

LOL, That was a good one. Have you tried that? I have multiple times and they won't talk to you unless you are a pool installer. At any rate, it resolved itself although i'm not completely sure how. I don't know if there is a short or something, as it decided to boot back up and work and then proceeded to intermittantly go on and off until it went back on again and stayed on. A repair place suggested maybe the board is flexing and that is causing the problem, but I screwed it all together again and banged on it pretty well and its still working for now. 150 bucks with some shipping to have it repaired worse comes to worse. I hate Jandy stuff. If I wasn't stuck with it I'd dump it and go with Pentair.

LOL, That was a good one. Have you tried that? I have multiple times and they won't talk to you unless you are a pool installer. At any rate, it resolved itself although i'm not completely sure how. I don't know if there is a short or something, as it decided to boot back up and work and then proceeded to intermittantly go on and off until it went back on again and stayed on. A repair place suggested maybe the board is flexing and that is causing the problem, but I screwed it all together again and banged on it pretty well and its still working for now. 150 bucks with some shipping to have it repaired worse comes to worse. I hate Jandy stuff. If I wasn't stuck with it I'd dump it and go with Pentair.

Mostly I get very helpful techs but I did get a real jerk once. One even sent me a free part that upgraded my system to full wireless control ($300 upgrade board). It does sound like you have some sort of short somewhere. Re-seat everything including the far end of the connections (at the SWCG).

You are very lucky when calling tech support. I've called at least 3 times and all 3 times were essentially call a certified Jandy person, we can't help you. At any rate, its working again now and been working for the past couple of days, extremely bizarre.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.