New installation headache. Please help

My wife and I really wanted a new pool for this summer. I bought a 24 foot saltwater pool from the pool factory and began installing it on Friday. It was replacing a pool I had so I expected minimal site setup. I finally got it all together today and began filling and the walls began to buckle. I called the company and they said I have to build a larger cove. I didn’t build any cove at all. I used a foam cove but apparently that isn’t enough. So what do I do? Do I have to pull off the whole liner and build a cove? I am only having issues in 2 locations, directly opposite sides of the pool. Can I pull the liner off just those sides and put sand directly over the foam cove that’s there? I also have a floor pad there so not sure if I have to get the sand under there? I hope I’m making sense. Please help. Thank you

I wouldn't think that "not enough" cove or even "no cove" at all is causing your issue. I think the wall is out of the bottom track. I'm assuming the wall is pushing "out"?

I have the foam cove and it was plenty for my 33' round. I have to say I agree with Woody-wall out of track or track is out of the upright metal plate.

Can you see the bottom track all the way around the pool? That is where to look first.

I am draining now. The wall came back upright. I have a j bead liner. Could there not be enough room? Too cold to stretch? If that’s the case how do I fix it without having to take it all down?

i was thinking add 2-3 inches of sand over the foam cove then covering that with the remaining wall foam I had and duct taping it to the wall and floor. Would that effectively give me additional space?

Yes. It seems to have went to the cove just fine. I was just brainstorming and am wondering if I put the top stabilizers on correctly. I probably should have put the joints under the top caps. Then it wouldn’t have been able to kink or flex anywhere and then it wouldn’t have come out from the top plate.

So so from what I’m saying you guys believe the cove is ok? What temp minimum would you say is required to fill the pool?

When you say "joints under the top caps" what do you mean?

I really think the cove is fine. That is all I have on mine............sand level on the bottom with foam cove sitting on top of it. No sand up or over the cove. Mine is fine.

I have always heard you need the sun shining on the liner to make it supple. Not sure of what temp is min. though. Maybe do a search to see what the average says as we both know some with say x and another will say z. For now go get some stakes and rope to help hold the walls up. I hope you are not getting any of this mess we are down here in FL. BIG rain and wind and lighting :(kl

I would also put a tarp or such on the bottom to protect it.

Kim:kim:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
The stabilizer rails are in sections the same length as the bottom track sections. I probably should have put the ends of each stabilizer under the top caps. Instead I put the apex of the arch in the top cap. Those breaks between the stabilizer bars is where I thunk the problem started. I am in N.C. it’s cold here! And raining. The pool was filling good until the clouds came in. I am draining and the walls have come back into shape. I’ll adjust stabilizer bars and wait for a sunny day.

Any idea deal how to keep the water in the bottom from getting too nasty?

Got ya! Yeah the ends should be under the caps.

Wet vac or subm pump to get it up and out as needed. I guess you could put a table spoon of bleach in it and mix it in good but don't really like that idea as I worry about it bleach your brand new liner :(

Kim:kim:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.