Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: NEW TO TFP and have a 2 month old pool!

1. Back To Top    #1

NEW TO TFP and have a 2 month old pool!

Just had a pool built and its about 2 months old. I really should have been on here sooner so feeling behind for sure. Pool was maintained first few weeks by the builder and I went on vacation and really just now getting into what i need to do!

I can tell it is getting cloudy and was out with some friends the other night and they said have I been testing the PH everyday..... Needless to say I have not so I got on here and figured I really need to get going on everything.

My name is Chris we live in Texas outside of Houston in League City. Thanks in advance for any and all help as I learn to maintain the pool ourselves
    Last edited by h20palmer; 03-11-2018 at 03:54 PM. Reason: Read more posts realized I needed to add some info

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: NEW TO TFP and have a 2 month old pool!

I think I added my signature right so testing it here.
    Completed 1/20/2018: 21,500 Gallon Pool, Plaster/Pebbletec with Abalone shell, Hot Tub with colored plaster/glass bead and Grotto/Slide, Equipment: Pentair DE Filter, Pentair Whisperflo (Grotto/Slide and Waterfalls) and Pentair Variable Speed (Pool cleaning and Hottub) UV Water Sanitizer and O3 equipment.

3. Back To Top    #3

Welcome. We're glad that you're here.
    Support the site

Trouble Free Pool is a free resource. The people who answer questions are volunteers. If you find the site to be a good resource, please consider making a donation to help support the site. Thanks.

4. Back To Top    #4

Chris,

Welcome to TFP... A great place to find the answers to all your new pool questions...

Thanks for the great Intro and setting up your signature..

If you will start a new thread in our "Just getting Started" sub-forum, I'm, sure you will get some straight forward advice..

Also suggest that you read our Pool School, to help you understand what we are all about... See this link... Pool School - ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry

Thanks for posting,

Jim R.
    Finished in 2015 - 17K Gal, IG, 20' x 25' Almost Rectangular Pool, Pebble finish, three rockport water falls. Pentair Equipment: EasyTouch 4, IC40 SWG, 3 HP VS Pump, CCP520 Cartridge Filter.
    TF100 with SpeedStir and SampleSizer, ColorQ Pro 7, Dolphin Premier Robot Cleaner, added Screen Logic 2, added small 3 person Caldera Spa.

5. Back To Top    #5

I am going share a link that many new people to TFP said was very helpful. It will help you learn "our language" here:

TFPC for Beginners

I agree with Jim for you to start a new thread in Just Getting Started so we can get that pretty pool clear!

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

6. Back To Top    #6

Welcome Chris (H20Palmer). I too just join this great site. It has become an Hobby (Obsession?) to keep my pool (Completed Aug 2016) in tip top shape. Last year was my first complete year and I have to admit, I kept a nice Pool. However, after spending countless hours reading on this great site I have made a few errors. One is my CYA is high. I m starting to drain and refill this week. The Math Calculator is AWESOME on here. BTW...I m right down I 45 from you in TC. Welcome and enjoy your beautiful pool! I too am checking my signature...hope it works this time...
    Pool Owner Aug 2016. K-2006C, Speed Stir. 12 x 26 Rectangle 10K Gals with 24 in wide Rainfall. Gunite/Plaster. Pump: Pentair Model WFE-6 HP 1.5 Boost Pump: Century (Centurion) Model LA01N HP 3/4. Pool Cleaner: Pentair Kreepy Krauly Legend. Filter: Pentair Clean & Clear Plus Cartridge CCP420 Chlorination: Pentair Rainbow Model 320 Auto Chlorine in-line feeder (not any more). BBB/TFP Method. City fill H20 PH 7.6, FC .2, TA 110 CH 150.