Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Purchasing SWG

1. Back To Top    #1

Purchasing SWG

Looking at purchasing a new SWG, pretty sure the one we have is shot.

What models are the best value? Where is the best place to get one?
    15,000 gal above ground pool. Salt water generator model Intex CS8110. Hayward cartridge filter. TF-100 test kit.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Purchasing SWG

discountsaltpool.com has some good deals on Circupool SWGs. Pentair, Hayward and Jandy are the most often mentioned here as reliable SWGs, and there are also several members here having good success with Circupool. Circupool have clear cell housings, so it's a good idea to install them only where there's no direct sunshine.
    12k IG salt; glass beads in plaster; K-2006C, K-1766, K-1106 and CCL test kits; Pentair Eco800 1.2HP VS; Zodiac SWCG 1.3 lb/day (25 g/hr); 25" filter recycled glass; OKU solar panels; 1/2 HP solar pump; Rebel (Warrior) pool cleaner; FlowViz; Other family pools 10K SWCG and 15K on liquid; PoolMath app subscriber; | Tips for New Members to get the best possible advice | ... and this helped me a lot!: TFPC for Beginners

3. Back To Top    #3

TFP Guide

I just installed a Circupool RJ-45 in my above ground pool. Only been running it for a couple of days now but its been doing great. I purchased mine from discountsaltpool.com and they're running a sale on them right now. Circupool SWGs have a full warranty even with a DIY install; one of the other brands (don't remember which) is said to only offer a few months warranty if its not installed by a professional.

Your Intex SWG puts out 0.63 lbs/day of chlorine, where as the RJ-20 puts out 0.90 lbs/day, the RJ-30 puts out 1.50 lbs/day, and the RJ-45 puts out 2.0 lbs/day. This means that if you get any of those you'd be able to run your new SWG at a lower percent and you'd have less wear on the cell, so a longer life.
    Pool Stats: 18' X 48" Vinyl AG, 6,700 gal, Hayward Power-Flo LX 1hp and Easy-Clear C400 cart, Circupool RJ-45 SWG, Dolphin S300, My AG Pool Mods
    Helpful Links: Pool Logger, PoolMath, TF100 test kit, Recommended Chemical Levels, Ext Test Kit Directions, FC/CYA Chart, Chlorine Date Code Calendar, Polyfill Iron Removal, Borates Drop Test

4. Back To Top    #4

i get my rj-60 plus tomorrow super excited . I did the 1 $ upgrade to next size up . based on research here their reputation is getting better and better.
    Jimmie...28.5 k inground plaster/quartz, 36'x16' 8.5 deep end dive rock 7x10 tan ledge 10" deep ,build date 11/16 open 4/2017, pent intelipro variable...pent.booster/cleaner bot** named george ** pentair s8m150 cartridge.. intellibrite controler(first automation) so i can stop guessing what color lites are , rheem raypac heater, circupool rj-60 plus,16 mil solar cover, TF100 /speed stir /Taylor K-1766.