Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Biltmore stairs

1. Back To Top    #1

Biltmore stairs

Any suggestions on keeping these stairs from floating?
    24 Foot Round Aqua Leader Illusion 54"
    Hayward 190T Sand Filter Sand filter with 1.5HP motor

Assembled July 31, 2009 :)

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Biltmore stairs

allows for easy installation and removal of the ballast weight for off-season winterization.
    I assume you have the ballast weight installed?

Is there any trapped air?
    20,000 US Gallon Oval with diving well but no board :( Hayward s244t2 & Multiport SP71621
    1hp AO Smith WhisperFlo pump / basket Part 7-177450-03 / 3 returns, well drain connected to jacuzzi overflow
    baracuda version 3 run to the overflow; side hookup add in process.

3. Back To Top    #3

I have them and I use some left over pavers to weigh them down. I use 4 of them. They weigh about 40 lbs total.
    Nicole

21' AGP (10,400g)
    Hayward PowerFlo Matrix dual-speed 1HP pump, 75 sq ft Waterway cartridge filter
    4G Liquidator, Aquabot POOL ROVER S2-40

4. Back To Top    #4

We have the Biltmore steps. We used Anna's pvc weights to hold them down (found here on the TFP site) What really works best is to get a brush or something under that bottom step and push out the air bubbles/trapped air - then make sure your weights are pushed all the way to the front of the shelf they sit on. It's the trapped air that's making them float - you can disconnect from your deck or rail or whereever and do it from the backside of the steps by pushing them out a bit into the pool, get in the pool and brush the underside. You would be amazed at how much air is under there! A hose in one of the side holes can work too, but don't use a sprayer/aerator on it as it just adds more bubbles.
    18x33x52 Buttressfree Seaspray (Wilbar) AGP - 1.5hp Pentair Maxim w/22" Pentair Meteor Sand Filter, Aqua Rite SWG System, Biltmore Walk In Steps - 2/4x20 Solar Panel Setup - Doheny Jet Drive (RIP -Pool Rover Jr) - finally hard plumbed the whole darned thing -
    Beats Driving to the Lake!

5. Back To Top    #5

Thank you. We do not have the counterweight. I will take a look at Anna's pvc weights and give them a thought.
    24 Foot Round Aqua Leader Illusion 54"
    Hayward 190T Sand Filter Sand filter with 1.5HP motor

Assembled July 31, 2009 :)