Raised Spa Water Level Drops While Running

Jul 7, 2017
Mesa
When we operate our raised spa, the water level drops about an inch every 15 minutes or so. I am pretty sure the valve needs to be rebuilt. There is a valve to divert water from the in ground cleaning to the spa. Also a valve to divert from pool suction to spa suction. I assume it is the suction valve with problems.

Should I just order a specific part or a full rebuild kit? It is a Hayward valve and about 5 years old. Thanks

Leaky Valve.JPG

sh,

Seems to me if the suction valve had an issue, you would have an increase in the spa level...

If the water is going down, then you are putting in less than you are taking out. So, I would think the problem would be in the Return valve, not the Intake valve.. assuming the valve is the problem.

Your pic shows a valve that is not fully closed or open, so I assume you were not in the Spa mode when the picture was taken..

Thanks,

Jim R.

sh,

If you are going to take it apart, I would go ahead and install the rebuild kit.. Of course, I am basing that on my luck when taking something apart... :p

If I have the parts, it is never bad, and when I don't have the parts handy, it is almost always bad... Sigh!!

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.