Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Raised Spa Water Level Drops While Running

1. Back To Top    #1

Raised Spa Water Level Drops While Running

When we operate our raised spa, the water level drops about an inch every 15 minutes or so. I am pretty sure the valve needs to be rebuilt. There is a valve to divert water from the in ground cleaning to the spa. Also a valve to divert from pool suction to spa suction. I assume it is the suction valve with problems.

Should I just order a specific part or a full rebuild kit? It is a Hayward valve and about 5 years old. Thanks

Leaky Valve.JPG
    2013 Build - 12K gallon pool with raised spa - Pebble Sheen - Paddock In-ground self cleaning - Hayward EcoStar 3200 3HP Pump - SwimClear Cartridge Filter (4 81 sqft) - Paramount Clear O3 Ozone - Hayward Universal Heater H400DFN (400K BTU) - TF-100 Test Kit - Mesa AZ (Hot summers)

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Raised Spa Water Level Drops While Running

sh,

Seems to me if the suction valve had an issue, you would have an increase in the spa level...

If the water is going down, then you are putting in less than you are taking out. So, I would think the problem would be in the Return valve, not the Intake valve.. assuming the valve is the problem.

Your pic shows a valve that is not fully closed or open, so I assume you were not in the Spa mode when the picture was taken..

Thanks,

Jim R.
    Finished in 2015 - 17K Gal, IG, 20' x 25' Almost Rectangular Pool, Pebble finish, three rockport water falls. Pentair Equipment: EasyTouch 4, IC40 SWG, 3 HP VS Pump, CCP520 Cartridge Filter.
    TF100 with SpeedStir and SampleSizer, ColorQ Pro 7, Dolphin Premier Robot Cleaner, added Screen Logic 2, added small 3 person Caldera Spa.

3. Back To Top    #3

Your logic is sound. I think you are right.

The valve was not in spa mode.

Anyone rebuilt on of these valves? I suppose I should just take it apart and give it a look.
    2013 Build - 12K gallon pool with raised spa - Pebble Sheen - Paddock In-ground self cleaning - Hayward EcoStar 3200 3HP Pump - SwimClear Cartridge Filter (4 81 sqft) - Paramount Clear O3 Ozone - Hayward Universal Heater H400DFN (400K BTU) - TF-100 Test Kit - Mesa AZ (Hot summers)

4. Back To Top    #4

sh,

If you are going to take it apart, I would go ahead and install the rebuild kit.. Of course, I am basing that on my luck when taking something apart...

If I have the parts, it is never bad, and when I don't have the parts handy, it is almost always bad... Sigh!!

Jim R.
    Finished in 2015 - 17K Gal, IG, 20' x 25' Almost Rectangular Pool, Pebble finish, three rockport water falls. Pentair Equipment: EasyTouch 4, IC40 SWG, 3 HP VS Pump, CCP520 Cartridge Filter.
    TF100 with SpeedStir and SampleSizer, ColorQ Pro 7, Dolphin Premier Robot Cleaner, added Screen Logic 2, added small 3 person Caldera Spa.