Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: New start up

1. Back To Top    #1

New start up

I have a 28,500 gallon I ground pool with a salt generator. I'm having the liner replaced this spring. I have no idea where to start to get the best start up without the pool stores killing me. I'd like to know how much, what brand of everything I need to put in the new water to get the best start up I can. Thanks for any advice you can give me.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: New start up

Get good test kit like TF-100 or Taylor K2006c!
    Add CYA to get around 30. I would aim a little low in case you over calculate pool size.
    Add Bleach/Chlorine to get to ~5FC.
    Run full test after an hour or so.
    13k Pebbletec Pool/Spa, Hayward Ecostar, SGS Breeze 540 SWG, Pentair C&C 420 cartridge, Pentair MasterTemp Heater, Caretaker system, TF-100 & Taylor K1766 test kits

3. Back To Top    #3

TFP Guide

Check out pool school here, you will save a lot of money, most people with a swg will spend $20-$100 here yearly, the tf100 is a huge value
    Casey
    Intex 24' x 52" closed for winter 2018, 2 Main Drains, 1 Skimmer, 1 Return, PVC
    1/2 HP Intex Pump 633T w/ Taeglus TA-40 175 lb 19.5" Sand Filter, Auqabot Extreme Robot
    TF-50 and Taylor 2006 Test Kits, Quality Well Water, Fleck 5800SXT Water Softener

4. Back To Top    #4

Hi, so I will be in the same situation. What about the salt? At what point is that added
    Alabama, Husband & Wife DIY build, started September 2017, Royal Swimming Pool Kit, 20 X 44, 48" steel wall panels with 10ft open pour steel steps on the side, Kafko Reef liner, Hayward Tristar 2 HP 2 speed pump, 30" Hayward Sand Filter Pro Series, 40K Salt Cell with Aqua Plus Control, Dolphin Nautilus Plus Robotic Pool Cleaner, 4 Deck Jets, TF-100 Test Kit with Salt Test Kit, SpeedStir