Aqua Smarte Plus Sysyem

Mar 10, 2018
Galloway, oh
We had a 33 foot round above ground pool put in 2015. It came with the Aqua Smarte system. Everything worked fine for the 2015, 2016 seasons. Late in the summer of 2017 it started not dissolving and dispensing the chlorine. I’m looking to change it out for a different chlorinator and am looking for recommendations.

We had a 33 foot round above ground pool put in 2015. It came with the Aqua Smarte system. Everything worked fine for the 2015, 2016 seasons. Late in the summer of 2017 it started not dissolving and dispensing the chlorine. I’m looking to change it out for a different chlorinator and am looking for recommendations.

Hello neighbor and Welcome to TFP!

I also had one of those Aqua Smarte systems installed on my pool when it was built. They are pretty simple devices. the adjustment handle just diverts more or less water up to the tabs and dissolves more or less quickly. I assume you tried adjusting the dial back and forth a few times. It could be that the ports are clogged with scale or other stuff.
Pull the cover off and remove the tab pack. On the outside you can pull out the pin from the control valve on the opposite side of the housing from the dial. Pull the whole handle/valve out. You can then look down from the top with the cover off and see if any of the ports are clogged. Fill the housing with water and see if it comes out of the hole where the dial/valve went through the housing.

Mfg manual
Diagram:
84158.jpg

bigger

To be honest, I stopped using it after about a month since I wasn't fond of buying the proprietary refill packs at $20 a pop and it lasted less than a week for me. I also didn't like the silver metal pack. It kept (and still does) mess with my calcium test.
I dose with liquid chlorine (bleach) now. no extra CYA or metals to mess up my water. Have a look around Pool School for some more info.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.