Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Pentair Minimax 400 Flange bolts rusted

1. Back To Top    #1

Pentair Minimax 400 Flange bolts rusted

Have a Pentair MiniMax 400 heater for 20 years. It still works but we hardly use it for the pool because we have solar. Now, I have a small water leak on the outside large water flange and the bolts are rusted. Itís where the two water pipes go in and out of the heater.
    Iím afraid to try and loosen it for fear of braking the bolt, then what? Anybody have any ideas to removing/softening the rust prior to trying to remove the bolt?
    18k Gallon In-ground pool/spa Pebble Tec Plus w/waterfall, Hayward ProLogic Controller-16 plus extension, Hayward EcoStar SP3400VSP, Hayward TriStar, Hayward Booster, Polaris 380 Black Max Pool Sweep, Pentair Clean-N-Clear Plus 420 Filter, Pentair Rainbow 320 Chlorinator Feeder, Paramount Para Level Auto Water Leveler, Pentair Purex Triton MiniMax 400 Heater (21 yrs), (7) 4x12 solar panels (21yrs).

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry

Re: Pentair Minimax 400 Flange bolts rusted

You could try to spray it down with some WD40 or similar. If you break it, then you'll be down for a while trying to get it out and if you can't then your stuck.

Usually they are frozen and you can't get them out or they snap off. Either way, you sort of in a tight spot.
    Paul
    Gastek Pool & Gas Services If you would like to provide a review of the help I provided, please use the following link to leave a review. Gastek Google review,
    Check out some videos on my YouTube channel - Gastekservices on YouTube