Recommendations for new pump and motor

Caspeo

Apr 5, 2016
E.Bridgewater Ma
I have a 16x24 kayak pool with a cartridge style filter system. The motor finally quite. I'm looking for recommendations for a new pump and motor setup to replace it. Looking for something quite and wondering what's the best HP motor to run. I have 1 skimmer 1 return 1 main drain in the deep end and a small slide all plumbed with rigid style 11/2 pipe. Also I'm currently running a 120v 1.5 HP single speed. Not looking to spend a fortune so probably would rather stick with a single speed. The motor being quite is the most important thing.

It's worth checking out what electrical connection you have first. I have 115 volts, and was convinced to go with a 2 speed pump, but was very dismayed to realize when I started hooking it up that it was a 220 volt pump. It was at least a few hundred bucks to get the power switched, so I am back with the one speed 115 volt pump.

It's worth checking out what electrical connection you have first. I have 115 volts, and was convinced to go with a 2 speed pump, but was very dismayed to realize when I started hooking it up that it was a 220 volt pump. It was at least a few hundred bucks to get the power switched, so I am back with the one speed 115 volt pump.

There are 115 volt two speed pumps. However, it's a good reminder that two speed pumps are single voltage.

Yes, you need 220V for 2 speed. However, you can do the math to discern what wiring costs and breaker upgrade would cost to go from single pole to d-pole, and if there are any additional costs from the main house panel to pool panel/pump energy source. The energy required for a 1 speed is twice that of the lower speed of the 2 speed pump. Over 2-5 yrs, it could pay for itself.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.