Pool Bracket Deterioration

Mar 9, 2018
Pittsburgh, PA
We have a 7 year old Wilkes/Genesis 16'x32' on-ground pool (partially inground, partially above ground). At the beginning of last summer, we noticed that a few of the steel "brackets" (one in particular) under the decking are rusting through (see attached photos). It's getting to the point that when you walk on the deck, you can feel it give. Our dealer who installed the pool claim that they have tried to contact Wilkes Pools since last February but haven't gotten a response (for a couple reasons I'm not entirely confident in what they say). I'm pretty sure the pool has a lifetime warranty and certainly feel like this would be covered. I've sent emails to some Wilkes Pools contacts that I've found online, but haven't received any responses. We're very concerned and feel this needs addressed before we open our pool in May. So I'm hoping someone here has some advice and/or a Wilkes Pool contact in the Pittsburgh, PA or surrounding area that would honor the warranty and do the repair/replacement. Thanks in advance for any replies.

Attachments

• 20170619_105952.jpg
    20170619_105952.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 64
  • 20170619_105937.jpg
    20170619_105937.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 64
The first thing I would do is shore up the area where the rusted post asap. You could use wood to support that round pipe and the coping in that area. I would not allow anyone to walk on it until you have it shored up.

As for how to contact the company I would start doing some deep searches for the company. Call other Pool Builders that might have done some work for them. I would look for phone numbers. Have you looked on facebook? Just every company has a page so............ I wish I had more ways to help you or a magic email or phone number :(

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.