Do i need a Pentair Power Center?

Jan 9, 2010
Spring Texas
I have a compupool chlorine generator that has worked flawlessly for 7 years. I know I am very fortunate for that. The power supply is now shutting off and on. This makes a clunking noise and I think it is about dead.

I am looking at a Pentair 52055 IC40 Salt Generator Cell. Since I have a new Pentair ScreenLogic 2 with easytouch so does the Intellichlor just connect straight into the ScreenLogic 2 control Panel? Or do I need a new Pentair power supply for the Intellichlor? It would be nice if it just plugged into the control panel.

Thanks for any help.

rde,

If your EasyTouch has the built-in SWCG power supply, then you will have a connector for the IC40 on the bottom of the ET enclosure. More than likely, unless your ET came with an IC40, you do not have the built-in supply... If you do not have the plug on the bottom of the ET, then you will need the Power Center.

Your IC40 then plugs into the power center and the AC for the power center has to be routed through the ET's pump/filter relay. The comm port of the ET is then connected to the power center's comm port.

Thanks for posting,

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.