Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: return pvc 1/4 outside Gunite edge.

1. Back To Top    #1

return pvc 1/4 outside Gunite edge.

I have an on going new construction in-ground build at home.

Is it a big concern if I see 1/4 of pvc for water return exposed outside
    of Gunite edge.

Gunite, Coping and tile have been completed, and on one corner of pools outer edge I can see
    1/4 of pvc for a return valve running along outer edge of pool wall.
    The outer Gunite edge is still bare and should end up with a vaneer that will cover this 1/4 inch of pvc.
    But, should I be concerned the PVC is not centered correctly within the Gunite wall?
    It does not look correct that 1/4 inch of this pvc is currently exposed.

Thank you
    Gunite Pool
    Spa heated with gas
    Pool heated with gas

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: return pvc 1/4 outside Gunite edge.

Can u put up some pics of it? U talking about inside the shell or outside the shell? If inside mine were longer and then we cut them down before plaster. If on outside of shell mine were sticking out about a foot and they trimmed them back to where they needed to be when they did the plumbing.

So im confused? Pics are awesome!
    TFP - Come for advice, stay for the education, leave with knowledge -
    35x23/20 free form gunite 3.5-6 feet water. 20,000 gallons. 2 skim, 2 ret, floor ret, floor return. 2 inch solid. suction cleaning line. 1.5 inch solid. super blue diamond brite. NPT Gemstone Blue 2x2 with custom Disney Mickey markers. pentair equipment. master temp 300,000 BTU. de 60. inteliflo 3.0 VS. swg ic40. 3 globrite LED's. ET 4/SL. tf-100/ salt kit

3. Back To Top    #3

Gunite Pool
    Spa heated with gas
    Pool heated with gas

4. Back To Top    #4

I see what you mean. So that outside wall of the gunite is going to be Covered because of elevation I assume. I would think it doesn’t matter as long as they r careful when they work. Are u worried it will be out in the elements? Or that they will damage it? I think u r good. Maybe others can chime in.
    TFP - Come for advice, stay for the education, leave with knowledge -
    35x23/20 free form gunite 3.5-6 feet water. 20,000 gallons. 2 skim, 2 ret, floor ret, floor return. 2 inch solid. suction cleaning line. 1.5 inch solid. super blue diamond brite. NPT Gemstone Blue 2x2 with custom Disney Mickey markers. pentair equipment. master temp 300,000 BTU. de 60. inteliflo 3.0 VS. swg ic40. 3 globrite LED's. ET 4/SL. tf-100/ salt kit

5. Back To Top    #5

I'm having the same issue right now. We haven't shot gunite yet but are scheduled to this Friday. We have a few areas where the pvc is under and outside the form. In this pic you can see a sliver of white under the plywood rather than inside it. This is looking down from a side wall. PVC pic 1.jpg Have plumbers coming tomorrow to take a look. How did yours turn out?
    Under Construction (completion target date: Oct. 2018) 34' x 15' 18,500 Gallon; 3' - 7'; mostly rectangular Inground Gunite;
    Jandy 2.7 HP variable speed pump; A & A VIP Circulation; 460 sq. ft 4-Cartridge Filter. Looking for a robot!